Turn on thread page Beta

AQA English Language paper 2: How did it go? watch

• View Poll Results: What do think you will get?
    Yep I aced it, 9 or 8
    31.25%
    Eh maybe 7 or 6
    43.75%
    Umm..... >6
    25.00%

ReputationRep:
    It was pretty nice, I guess you could say that the wood that was used to make the paper was also "blessed". I am interested in what you guys wrote for Q5.

ReputationRep:
    What does it take to get a four?

ReputationRep:
    I think it was great, since I'm pretty up to date with sports news. So I used a lot of examples, like Neymar's move to PSG, Russia doping, Chinese businesses taking over clubs in the west...

ReputationRep:
    q2 was a bit iffy but over than that was decent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somebrick)
    q2 was a bit iffy but over than that was decent
    Ikr! There was so many other things to talk about but they ask us about the boards which were only mentioned once or twice. But at the end I was able to make good inferences.

ReputationRep:
    best eng paper so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PenPaper)
    Ikr! There was so many other things to talk about but they ask us about the boards which were only mentioned once or twice. But at the end I was able to make good inferences.
    ah nice, i didnt manage to fully finish q2 due to timing, but hopefully my elaborated q3 and 4 make up for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Estermont)
    I think it was great, since I'm pretty up to date with sports news. So I used a lot of examples, like Neymar's move to PSG, Russia doping, Chinese businesses taking over clubs in the west...
    Lool I wasn't so I just talked about charity sport events and the Commonwealth and Olympic games.... How many marks would I lose if I don't have metaphors or similies?

ReputationRep:
    ah nice, i didnt manage to fully finish q2 due to timing, but hopefully my elaborated q3 and 4 make up for that
    True, Q2 is only worth 8 marks. If you are confident in all the others then you could get into the top grades!

ReputationRep:
    Lool I wasn't so I just talked about charity sport events and the Commonwealth and Olympic games.... How many marks would I lose if I don't have metaphors or similies?
    yeah i talked about these too!!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone suprised by how soft the insert paper was?

ReputationRep:
    im predicted an 8, lets hope i didnt mess it up

ReputationRep:
    im predicted an 8, lets hope i didnt mess it up
    Nah u won't mess up, believe in ur self. Eh, anyways u should be happy to get rid of English Lang

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Estermont)
    yh i used the neymar one too

ReputationRep:
    Nah u won't mess up, believe in ur self. Eh, anyways u should be happy to get rid of English Lang
    yeah true, but the grade boundaries for nov paper last year vamped up by 11 marks each grade or something like that since the july 2017 paper.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for Q4? Cos I waffled.

ReputationRep:
    How bad is it if you didn’t answer q2 at all...? Had no time at all at the end to come back to it 😩💔

ReputationRep:
    Anyone suprised by how soft the insert paper was?
    yh my pen wouldnt stop squeeking ffs

ReputationRep:
    If you used enough of other devices I think you'll be alright. Using too much can be a problem as well. The markers will probably look at the structure of your essay too, and the flow of your writing. SPAG's important too. My teacher gave me an example of an essay of someone who got 9 last year and he only put 2/3 metaphors. The way he structured things was amazing though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat948)
    How bad is it if you didn’t answer q2 at all...? Had no time at all at the end to come back to it 😩💔
    Oh noo... But its ok, its only 8 marks. But you can still get higher than a 6 and pass. Plus if have a good grade for P1 it should rasie the overall mark.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 20, 2018

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.