The Student Room Group

AQA A level Physics Paper 2 Unofficial Markscheme June 8

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Claudo Z
for first one i put increase the amount of water (which is pretty much the same as yours)

for the second one i put narrower the tube on the bottom

you're right to increase the tube. i read the question too quickly as usual so put down a dumb a$$ answer again.
Original post by BTAnonymous
Oh god i messed that q up then.

How did you do the last part of 3? I worked out the energy stored at 3mC, then used this to find the p.d at 3mC which i then used to find the current through R (should be the same as the capacitor right....) and then finally t = Q/I?

don't remember my answer which is why i'm asking :colondollar:

I used CV=Q to work out V(think I got 8.11V) then used V=V0(1-e) to work out t. My value of t is about 1.8s from memory.
Honestly in my opinion the questions weren't too difficult compared to last year. Remember that cyclotron question? :s-smilie: They also had no 6 marker like that nucleur disposal question last year. Therefore I see the questions being slightly easier. The multiple choice on the other hand yeesh it's like they upped the difficult multiple x that I had to guess several :angry:
you're right to increase the tube. i read the question too quickly as usual so put down a dumb a$$ answer again.

Sht I said use a longer tube but forgot to use more water:frown:
Original post by milkteaisgood
I used CV=Q to work out V(think I got 8.11V) then used V=V0(1-e) to work out t. My value of t is about 1.8s from memory.

Yes, i remember 8.111V. 1.8 seconds rings a bell.
Original post by Ahlam_Abdi
I wrote the same thing for your first two points but for the last one I said to make the tube narrower. Not sure though.

yeah you're right.
exponential equations can never equal 0 though. Try ln(0). It was definitely 2cm.

Buy it's a tube tho. Surely the water would run out not long after?
Reply 47
I'm quite sure it was A (0.342)

That would have been 65/20 however the gradient of the line was from 65 to 100. So I put C.
Reply 48
Original post by Claudo Z
I got exactly the same:wink:

Ayyy thank god someone agrees:smile: How'd you find it overall?
Original post by Radioactivedecay

True...
Reply 50
exponential equations can never equal 0 though. Try ln(0). It was definitely 2cm.

In theory they can't but in reality all the water will have left the tube after 57s.
Original post by AV_Luke
In theory they can't but in reality all the water will have left the tube after 57s.

How did you confirm that though?
Original post by Radioactivedecay

Lol this is just a model, water evaporates naturally so the last few molecules probably disappear by evaporation.
Reply 53
grade boundaries????????
what did people get for the charge that is 66mm away from p
What did everyone else get for the weird equipotential line diagram in multiple choice? I choose .
About the same difficulty as last year i thought
Reply 57
Original post by sdfsdd
what did people get for the charge that is 66mm away from p

I got like 55uC
Original post by Ahlam_Abdi
I got like 55uC

damn i think igot like 6.1
Reply 59
What did everyone else get for the weird equipotential line diagram in multiple choice? I choose .

Those were equipotential lines and field direction must be perpindicular to them. It shouldve been to the left.

Quick Reply

Latest