The Student Room Group

Ocr a2 8 June exploring physics paper 2 8th June 2018 unofficial markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Glad I took biology over physics looool
:woo: :woo: OMG i added my first ever poll:woo: :woo:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by uponthyhorse
Points for improving Planck's constant experiment? I got that you need to look at led in dark room through a tube to have more accurate V_0 and that graph should go through origin to indicate direct proportionality, but didn't really know what else or the kind of errors it would imply

There was scatter. Reduce random errors by taking many readings and average.
Reply 63
I always regret coming here :frown: come out of the exam feeling I did alright then come here and realise how many stupid mistakes I made T_T
Original post by Bulbasaur10
Was 1.46V for the emf?

Ooh yeah now you say it I think it was
Original post by omarathon
There was scatter. Reduce random errors by taking many readings and average.

Whoops forgot the obvious points. Will need to remember that for the synoptic paper :biggrin:
Points for improving Planck's constant experiment? I got that you need to look at led in dark room through a tube to have more accurate V_0 and that graph should go through origin to indicate direct proportionality, but didn't really know what else or the kind of errors it would imply

Thats the only error I could spot too. It was 4 marks so hoping what I wrote got me 2
What value didn’t anyone get for calculating plancks constant and the percentage difference?
Original post by EmilyKellett
Ooh yeah now you say it I think it was

Phew because nobody at my school could remember! I hope we're right!:h:
Original post by Bulletzone
Or maybe I did put C :confused:

But we can all agree the resistance (effective) was 25 ohms 😋

Haha yep, that we can
Whoops forgot the obvious points. Will need to remember that for the synoptic paper :biggrin:

Haha yes I hate missing easy ones. I wrote so much in the gold leaf electroscope question but didn’t say it was the photoelectric effect :biggrin:
Phew because nobody at my school could remember! I hope we're right!:h:

I think would be dependent on the gradient you drew but I got between 1 and 2V so it sounds about right
Original post by Bshoulder13
What value didn’t anyone get for calculating plancks constant and the percentage difference?

got 6.4 × 10^-34 and ~4%
Haha yes I hate missing easy ones. I wrote so much in the gold leaf electroscope question but didn’t say it was the photoelectric effect :biggrin:

If you mentioned photoelectrons surely you will get the marks? It just didn't seem to fit in with my answer stating right at the start 'this is an example of the photoelectric effect.' Plus I was already wasting too much time and I'm sure a lot of people were too. :biggrin:
Original post by Bshoulder13

I can’t remember what value i got, but I know my percentage accuracy was 4.1%
I think I got the capacitance to be 1.18x10-8...?

Also, have seen a few people saying “emf = 1.46V”

I don’t remember calculating emf at all. Did I miss a question?

Lool I don't remember writing that either described it in quite some length tho
Reply 76
Original post by Jadejay
For the sketch of the graph was it half the amplitude and double frequency?

No the amplitude stays same I think as magnetic flux has to stay constant.

Or just turn off the lights
It was wasn't it?

Yeah it was only 2 marks haha so wouldn’t have been 3 things to change
What did everyone get of the maximum and minimum resistances of the LDR

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending