The Student Room Group

Ocr a2 8 June exploring physics paper 2 8th June 2018 unofficial markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ephemerald
For the 6 marker on the LDR, What was the emf of the cell and the resistance of the fixed resistor? Also, what answer did you guys get for the max and min reisistance?

150 and 1.5x10^3 ohms ... emf not a clue
Original post by JakeDxx
For the graph one the amplitude stays constant and the frequency doubles.
This is because B is halved, but Change in time also halves so the rate of change of linked flux is the same, so the same EMF is induced.
Rotation of the coil is doubled so frequency is doubled. All other values were constant (Area and number of coils).

Jeez clever boi
Original post by Smooth203
How? Because I got huge number I knew was dodgy because it's meant to be small :/

you were given number of charge carriers and you need to find the volume to find N (number of charge carriers per unit volume)
then it was like normal
Original post by uponthyhorse
:O How'd you found the image :O

and yeah reflects and diffracts around corners

surely its refraction lol
Original post by gdssdgdsfas
surely its refraction lol

It doesn't pass through a different media so it doesn't refract, it simply reflects off the surface
Original post by mata_matic
It doesn't pass through a different media so it doesn't refract, it simply reflects off the surface

That's probably true though I don't think it necessarily has to pass into a different medium to refract :s-smilie:. Water waves slow down when entering areas which are shallower and I believe they refract because of this, but they're not technically passing into a different medium. There could have been a bit of refraction but I doubt they'll accept that as you have just said. I put reflection and interference so I hope they accept that...
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Bulbasaur10
That's probably true though I don't think it necessarily has to pass into a different medium to refract :s-smilie:. Water waves slow down when entering areas which are shallower and I believe they refract because of this, but they're not technically passing into a different medium. There could have been a bit of refraction but I doubt they'll accept that as you have just said. I put reflection and interference so I hope they accept that...

Yeah I guess in different depths of water it would, the question just said state two mechanisms or something, I just put diffraction and reflection
Original post by Uk_av1ation
150 and 1.5x10^3 ohms ... emf not a clue

Thank you :smile:
what was the si unit for the resistance
Original post by Iou1321
what was the si unit for the resistance

R = V / I and V = W/Q = max/It so R = max/I^2t = kgm^2/s^3A^2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending