Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one that messed up on the article thing at the end? What were we even supposed to write for the first 6 marker on psychological issues with the article?

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely blessed paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by remy72)
    Absolutely blessed paper.
    The majority of it was easy, just the end section, no idea what to put there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dazeo)
    The majority of it was easy, just the end section, no idea what to put there
    Which part? For psychological issues I put Destructive Obedience and Diffusion of Responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    Basically a psychological issues is anything that has a psychological basis.
    You could have done cultural views on helping behaviour, obeying orders to figure (the coach) , cost reward motivation (American runner wanted to win - wanted reward didnt want to help as would cost him the race )

ReputationRep:
    In terms of strategies and evaluating them I dont think I got much on those 8 markers

ReputationRep:
    Quite a nice paper tbf better than RM!! What did you all think was the hardest question?

ReputationRep:
    For the 6 marker I wrote, response to authority(American runner obeying his coach) and altruistic behaviour (Brazilian runner showing the tradition of simpatico and helping the Mexican) - not sure if it’s right. Also I kinda struggled with that Piliavin question and relating it to the article. What did you guys write for that question??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the results of the strange stories test?

How many points of discussion were required for ethical considerations (12) I did 3...

And the links to piliavin I said race COULD be a factor and then linked the qualitative data of "I'm not strong enough" suggesting the American athlete may not have been physically able to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dazeo)

How many points of discussion were required for ethical considerations (12) I did 3...

And the links to piliavin I said race COULD be a factor and then linked the qualitative data of "I'm not strong enough" suggesting the American athlete may not have been physically able to help.
    Awesome, I also talked about how race could be a factor in the American not helping the Mexican and referring to how on the subway there was bias of same-race helping.

Also I did a bunch of ethical considerations, but used two studies and evaluated their use of ethics and whether this made it unethical or ethical, etc.

For the strange stories, I didn’t have enough time answering it as I started from back to front but I would’ve wrote that participants suffering from autism would think that sally would know where the ball is(in the box) and not understand that it was hidden because of impaired theory of mind. I think

ReputationRep:
    You discussed the Sally-Anne test not the Strange Stories 😋

For the 12 marker I started 3 points with an ethical considerations and applied 2 studies to each point

ReputationRep:
    What did you put for the ethics in social?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blahdfgff)
    What did you put for the ethics in social?
    1. Lacks ethics through deception
    Milgram + Bocchiaro deceptive aims.

2. Lacks ethics through protection from harm
    Milgram + Piliavin

3. Ethical through debrief
    Milgram

4. (Unsure if it gets any marks) But I discussed how it was necessary to deceive participants to measure the variables they were measuring.

ReputationRep:
    Good paper to be fair. I reckon grade boundaries will only be slightly higher than last year because not everyone writes answers in the corrext way.

I ran out of time and missed the last 8 marker but im pretter confident with all my other answers which is good

ReputationRep:
    Did u guys think the timing for the paper was too short. I missed two 8 markers😭 I did everything else though

ReputationRep:
    I actually think I’ve done the 12 marker wrong. I put that adhering to ethical considerations would reduce internal validity as it would Introduce demand characteristics by the participants not being deceived. Then i talked about cost benefit analysis of breaking ethical guidelines. Then I put that social area studies in the past particularly were really unethical as participants were harmed. I literally started panicking in the exam and just wrote whatever 😩

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JusticeInk)
    I actually think I’ve done the 12 marker wrong. I put that adhering to ethical considerations would reduce internal validity as it would Introduce demand characteristics by the participants not being deceived. Then i talked about cost benefit analysis of breaking ethical guidelines. Then I put that social area studies in the past particularly were really unethical as participants were harmed. I literally started panicking in the exam and just wrote whatever 😩
    What you wrote in the 12 marker sounds good!! Especially cost benefit analysis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dazeo)
    Am I the only one that messed up on the article thing at the end? What were we even supposed to write for the first 6 marker on psychological issues with the article?
    My two psychological issues were obedience and helping behaviour.
    I definitely messed up the suggestions though as I struggle to think well on the spot like that in exams if there aren't pre-determined answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dazeo)

For the strange stories results I explained how the autistic group made mistakes on it but the tourettes and the control group didn't make mistakes. Not sure if there are specific results in my notes for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dazeo)
    I really liked the paper!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.