for which question lol
Reply 2
What did you write for the 8marker about Julia’s little kid
Reply 3
Original post by Sara Duro
for which question lol

Did you use a research to back it up?
Yes. This is my structure:
1) Light, suggesting that she must control the light using studies from Siffre and Aschoff and Wever
Then since the question was 'Discuss' I said that the influence that these changes will have will be limited bc research has shown that endogenous pacemakers are more important :
1) Talked about how temperature varies with the time of the day as well as a study by Folkard where he was not successful in reducing the participants s-w cycle to 22h, so controlling the exogenous zeit will only do so much
How about u? did u add anything else ?
Btw how did u find the exam? Do u know how to do the question that asked about the differences about bio and learning approach? Imean the structure mostly.
Also, how did u do the last question on research methods that asked about improving the validity of the study?
I think I messed up the 16 marker for comparison of approaches 😭😭😭 I basically explained both approaches in good detail and I gave 5 solid AO3 points and explained them really well, but I forgot to directly compare approaches with each other, how bad is this mistake? 😭😭😭
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by georgelagalle
I think I messed up the 16 marker for comparison of approaches 😭😭😭 I basically explained both approaches in good detail and I gave 5 solid AO3 points and explained them really well, but I forgot to directly compare approaches with each other, how bad is this mistake? 😭😭😭

You don’t need to give A01 for biological approach. It only asked behavioural. And yeah your had to compare it directly E.G. nature/nurture, determinism
Original post by psych00
You don’t need to give A01 for biological approach. It only asked behavioural. And yeah your had to compare it directly E.G. nature/nurture, determinism

How many marks do you think I could have possibly dropped?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Yes. This is my structure:
1) Light, suggesting that she must control the light using studies from Siffre and Aschoff and Wever
Then since the question was 'Discuss' I said that the influence that these changes will have will be limited bc research has shown that endogenous pacemakers are more important :
1) Talked about how temperature varies with the time of the day as well as a study by Folkard where he was not successful in reducing the participants s-w cycle to 22h, so controlling the exogenous zeit will only do so much

I spoke about social cues/light(skene and. Adrent-research into light) and Siffre
Then I related it back to the scenario
Reply 10
How about u? did u add anything else ?
Btw how did u find the exam? Do u know how to do the question that asked about the differences about bio and learning approach? Imean the structure mostly.
Also, how did u do the last question on research methods that asked about improving the validity of the study?

The question asked us to outline behavioural approach for A01. Then I stated how biological approach is nature and behavioural is nurture. used words like whereas so im making it clear I’m comparing directly. I spoke about determinism in my second paragraph. And then I spoke about the treatments.
Original post by psych00

but how do u do it though? I just wrote how they both use testing on animals, both of them use lab well-controlled methods but the bio explains beh with biological and physical elements such as genes, while the other one is concerned with directly observable behaviour and i explained phobias, drugs and some stuff like that. is this how u do it or am I totally wrong ?
I didn't write it in terms of nature/nurture and determinism ****
Original post by psych00
So what did yall get?

what graph did u use in research methods?
what was people's structure for the biopsych 8 marker? Worried you had to put evaluation
Original post by sophieacrockett
what was people's structure for the biopsych 8 marker? Worried you had to put evaluation

remind me of the question please ?
remind me of the question please ?

The zeitgebers one with the mum and baby who wouldn't sleep
Reply 17
what graph did u use in research methods?

Bar chart. On the x axis I put Males and females and within those categories I named it Friendly/aggressive. In total I had 4 bars.
spoke about what they were then related it to biological rhythms and talked abit about the circadian rhythm and sleep wake cycle then related it to the work of siffre ssaying how a lack of external cues can increase sleep wake cycl and therefore she needs to be exposed to continous darkness also spoke about light and role of SCN
Original post by psych00
What did you write for the 8marker about Julia’s little kid
Original post by psych00
Bar chart. On the x axis I put Males and females and within those categories I named it Friendly/aggressive. In total I had 4 bars.

glad someone had that with me

Quick Reply

Latest