The Student Room Group

English Language GCSE 2018

This poll is closed

Grade Boundaries

Higher 53%
Lower47%
Total votes: 77
Do you guys think the grade boundaries will be higher than the November resit paper last year or lower?
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BDY-NOV-2017.PDF

These marks were vamped from the 2017 July papers by like 10 marks each grade.
AQA BTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My guess would be similar, if not maybe slightly higher- bar Q2 in paper 2 I have had heard no complaints really about the papers, so I feel they still may be pretty high, last years grade boundaries( June 2017) were insanely low so I don’t think they will drop back down to those again.
Why is it so blurry? For 9 is it 132 or 122?
Original post by Umaurma
Why is it so blurry? For 9 is it 132 or 122?

Original post by Jolero02
My guess would be similar, if not maybe slightly higher- bar Q2 in paper 2 I have had heard no complaints really about the papers, so I feel they still may be pretty high, last years grade boundaries( June 2017) were insanely low so I don’t think they will drop back down to those again.

They won’t be as high as resits they will still be relevantly close the to last years June 2017 instead of it being around 72 it will be around the 74/78 mark

Due to many people misreading questions especially q4 and q3 and writing about the wrong source

Resits will always be higher

Plus we are the second year to do this new exam so it depends but from what I have heard many people have messed up so probably be around the same as last year possibly lower but in my opinion around 73/77 ns though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending