-determinism (biological/environmental)
-treatments
-nomothetic approach
Clarky1707
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I ****ed my 16 marker i spoke about slt + mediational processes and only vaguely mentioned other **** from the behaviourist approach. Hoping my evaluation pushes my mark up tho it was quite strong
Sorcus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The 16 marker asked only to "outline" and "compare"

It said nothing of "evaluate" or "discuss" so there will be no marks for AO3
HubertoE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
16 marker was calm, would of been better if it was behaviourist and SLT since they're more similar.

For AO1 I put...
-Classical conditioning = Pavlov's dogs research (explaining the process of learning like conditioned response and stimulus that stuff)
-Operant conditioning = BF Skinner's research (explaining positive and negative reinforcement and punishment)
-Genotype and Phenotype
-Twin Studies, Monozigotic and Dizygotic twins

For AO3 I put...
-Behaviourist helped establish psychological approaches
-Both approaches are reductionist, ignore free will
-Behaviourist applies to everyday world (think it's external validity) and can explain token economy or other phenomena like gambling
-Biological applies to everyday world like drug treatments of biological conditions like less melotonin production in depression (idk if it's completely right)
-(Above) it's casual conclusions and biological states how to fix conditions like rugs cure schizophrenia but don't identify the root causes
-Biological approach could help to identify criminal gene, this could be cured and thus help the economy
Ayatalkinabeet
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by HubertoE)
16 marker was calm, would of been better if it was behaviourist and SLT since they're more similar.

For AO1 I put...
-Classical conditioning = Pavlov's dogs research (explaining the process of learning like conditioned response and stimulus that stuff)
-Operant conditioning = BF Skinner's research (explaining positive and negative reinforcement and punishment)
-Genotype and Phenotype
-Twin Studies, Monozigotic and Dizygotic twins

For AO3 I put...
-Behaviourist helped establish psychological approaches
-Both approaches are reductionist, ignore free will
-Behaviourist applies to everyday world (think it's external validity) and can explain token economy or other phenomena like gambling
-Biological applies to everyday world like drug treatments of biological conditions like less melotonin production in depression (idk if it's completely right)
-(Above) it's casual conclusions and biological states how to fix conditions like rugs cure schizophrenia but don't identify the root causes
-Biological approach could help to identify criminal gene, this could be cured and thus help the economy
We didn’t have to outline the biological approach did we?
HubertoE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ayatalkinabeet)
We didn’t have to outline the biological approach did we?
pretty sure it asked to compare the behaviourist and biological approach but I would of preferred Social Learning Theory
katiehopper00
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
pretty sure it asked to compare the behaviourist and biological approach but I would of preferred Social Learning Theory
I think you only had to do A01 for behaviourist and then comparisons for A03, that’s what I did
wilsw876
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sorcus)

The AO3 is the comparison of the approaches, because you have to weigh up the strength and weaknesses, along with justifying the reasons they’re different. For example the behaviourist approach argues human behaviour is consequently the result of nature, such as the development of environmental-stimulus links, and the biological approach argues the latter, believing behaviour is largely determined by nature I.e. genetics.

On previous markschemes also for comparison questions, such as one which asks individuals to “outline the psychodynamic approach. Compare this approach to the humanistic approach” all AO3 marks were gained in that “compare” portion of the question.
student4563
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[QUOTE=Sorcus;78187920]The 16 marker asked only to "outline" and "compare"

It said nothing of "evaluate" or "discuss" so there will be no marks for AO3[/QUOTE

You have to evaluate all the time in a 16 marker...
ramsha_x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No we had to outline the behaviorist. Then compare the two. No marks for outlining biological x
Luke031199
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You should be outlining the approach in its entirety, which includes the evaluation. The question asked for the whole behaviourist approach, and the evaluative points come under that. How do you know that Pavlov's research has helped us? We know this through its applications to other areas like in treating phobias through systematic de-sensitisation. This is what needs to be said. We didn't need to outline the whole biological approach because the comparison was only things like reductionism, determinism, nature vs nurture, the scientific method ect. Although, if you did, surely that its just demonstrating your knowledge more, meaning that your more likely to get to that top band aha. Anyway bring on paper 3!
Luke031199
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[QUOTE=student4563;78264376]

It said nothing of "evaluate" or "discuss" so there will be no marks for AO3[/QUOTE

You have to evaluate all the time in a 16 marker...
Even if you get no marks for evaluating the approach, it can demonstrate knowledge, and get you into the higher bands and fill those A02s!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (74)
14.95%
1 (68)
13.74%
2 (64)
12.93%
20.4%
20.2%
5 (88)
17.78%

Watched Threads