The Student Room Group

Results day

Could you still apply for a university that you rejected on results day if it is in clearing?
Reply 1
on results day could i reject my offers and then go into clearing or would if i wanted to, reject my offers before results day to go into clearing?
Original post by aisha11
Could you still apply for a university that you rejected on results day if it is in clearing?

There is nothing to stop you doing this, although it is unlikely that they would accept you if they rejected you already. It really depends why you were rejected.
Original post by aisha11
on results day could i reject my offers and then go into clearing or would if i wanted to, reject my offers before results day to go into clearing?

Depends on why you want to reject them but I believe you can reject on results day to go into clearing if you’ve simply changed your mind on your uni.

If you want to reject them because you think you’ve done better and want to apply to a better uni then you go through adjustment I believe
Reply 4
Original post by Charlotte's Web
There is nothing to stop you doing this, although it is unlikely that they would accept you if they rejected you already. It really depends why you were rejected.

As in when I had to make my firm and insurance choice i rejected the other 3 university and if one of them 3 university are in clearing i could still apply to them?

Thank you!
If you've already accepted offers, you've made an agreement to attend their university to do that course, so you would need them to release your from the agreement, especially if if they accept you on results day and you don't want to go there but head into clearing instead. Clearing is a stressful and manic process so only choose to enter it if you are sure on what you're doing.
Original post by aisha11
As in when I had to make my firm and insurance choice i rejected the other 3 university and if one of them 3 university are in clearing i could still apply to them?

Thank you!

Sorry, thought you meant they had rejected you, totally misread!

Yes, you definitely could reapply to them through clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending