Turn on thread page Beta

Aqa accn3 accounting exam discussion watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it? I thought it was alright just the question on IAS 10 that stumped me
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's a lot of people taking the paper. I thought it was hard. Hoping for low grade boundaries!

ReputationRep:
    I acc wanted to study accounting. How’s it like? And what do u guys learn about

ReputationRep:
    I found the capital account task 3 question was quite hard. The cash flow was also pretty good as you could really sink your teeth into it. Same with the incomplete record. But overall I was pretty happy with it and they have defo put in a few tricks into some of the questions. I’m not sure whether grade boundaries will be higher or lower then last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrz4073)
    I acc wanted to study accounting. How’s it like? And what do u guys learn about
    It’s alright but what you learn in lesson and in textbook is very different to the exam. I always feel like the examiners are too worried about trying to trick people then actually test knowledge. But overall I have enjoyed my experience in the last 2 years and I also had an amazing teacher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackreds)
    It’s alright but what you learn in lesson and in textbook is very different to the exam. I always feel like the examiners are too worried about trying to trick people then actually test knowledge. But overall I have enjoyed my experience in the last 2 years and I also had an amazing teacher
    Ohh nice nice. Yeah having a good teacher really is a blessing. Like my economics teacher would always find time to try help me with things rather than just brushing me off lol. Is there lots of theory involved or most of it is just balance sheets, numbers and stuff

ReputationRep:
    Ohh nice nice. Yeah having a good teacher really is a blessing. Like my economics teacher would always find time to try help me with things rather than just brushing me off lol. Is there lots of theory involved or most of it is just balance sheets, numbers and stuff
    Yeah half of it like profit loss statements and dealing with assists and stuff. And the other half is management accounting so like decision making and stuff

ReputationRep:
    Yeah half of it like profit loss statements and dealing with assists and stuff. And the other half is management accounting so like decision making and stuff
    That sounds really interesting and fun. Had to pick between accounting and economics and went with economics. It’s not that bad but just the theory is looooong lmao

ReputationRep:
    That sounds really interesting and fun. Had to pick between accounting and economics and went with economics. It’s not that bad but just the theory is looooong lmao
    Yeah I can’t stand anything written 😂

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I can’t stand anything written 😂
    I don’t think you would be able to survive doing one 8 marker, one 12 marker and TWO 25 markers 😂

ReputationRep:
    I found the capital account task 3 question was quite hard. The cash flow was also pretty good as you could really sink your teeth into it. Same with the incomplete record. But overall I was pretty happy with it and they have defo put in a few tricks into some of the questions. I’m not sure whether grade boundaries will be higher or lower then last year
    I think they may be slightly higher than last year, the capital account question confused me because I werent sure if the loan account was the current account + the capital account *20% or 20% of both figures and i felt like with goodwill and current account figures being the only other things I wrote in that i must have missed something out with it being 10 marks. The incomplete records was easy enough and I think i would've got a few marks on the last written question from reciting the same answer from marks schemes before so overall not a bad paper

ReputationRep:
    I don’t think you would be able to survive doing one 8 marker, one 12 marker and TWO 25 markers 😂
    I do both and accounting is definitely the easier of the two not sure what exam board you're on but I had some awful questions asked for micro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenTaylor99)
    I think they may be slightly higher than last year, the capital account question confused me because I werent sure if the loan account was the current account + the capital account *20% or 20% of both figures and i felt like with goodwill and current account figures being the only other things I wrote in that i must have missed something out with it being 10 marks. The incomplete records was easy enough and I think i would've got a few marks on the last written question from reciting the same answer from marks schemes before so overall not a bad paper
    What did you think of the cash flow

ReputationRep:
    What did you think of the cash flow
    Everything was alright but I did lots of working out for depreciation so Idk if I did it right or not

ReputationRep:
    What did anyone get for the cashflow

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I put the revalued stuff from part A as well into the capital accounts

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get 150175 for cashflow from operations

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I put the revalued stuff from part A as well into the capital accounts
    I didnt mate don't think that affects the amounts contributed by each partner think you just used those adjusted figures for the balance sheet

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but if your decreasing say inventory on the top half of the balance sheet then hasn’t something got to decrease on the bottom half to balance it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but if your decreasing say inventory on the top half of the balance sheet then hasn’t something got to decrease on the bottom half to balance it
    Yeah mate it would be balanced out by a change in closing inventory on the income statement.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 10, 2018

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.