Answered english language paper wrong!! Watch

Student303.1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anonymous69gcse)
reply plz
Yes that was source b the one with the simile.
Beth286
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
wait so ur saying the sea engulfing the riders and the cork in water isnt in source b
I don’t know I sat the same paper for the same amount of time as you I can’t remember it either?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TruthHurtsok
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
wait so ur saying the sea engulfing the riders and the cork in water isnt in source b
Source b had about the people being corks
Student303.1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lolololol1235e1)
guys if i talked about the general similarities and differences in source b and a for question 2 , will i get any marks? or is it just a 0
You’ll get some marks, just not many
anonymous69gcse
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TruthHurtsok)
yes i did the right thing then. i nearly had a heart attack. if ur saying what i said before was in source b im fine
Student303.1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Student303.1)
You’ll get some marks, just not many
(Original post by TruthHurtsok)
JUST TO CLEAR THIS UP. Source B included “engulfment” and the simile:”bobbing up and down like corks in water”. This was SOURCE B. In hawaii.
Beth286
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lolololol1235e1)
The thing is right , we are so limited on time that once we focus on something some of us dont think about it due to time pressure , gcses are a **** way of testing skill
Yeah exactly!! I’m so stupid I should’ve read he question I thought i did!! I looked at Q4 and it said ‘refer to the whole of the source’ so Im thinking ****!! So I look back and that’s when I realise but by then I should’ve already been half way through that question and the whole thing went to ****!!
anonymous69gcse
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
JUST TO CLEAR THIS UP. Source B included “engulfment” and the simile:”bobbing up and down like corks in water”. This was SOURCE B. In hawaii.
thank god for that. okay false alarm everyone, i did the right thing
Student303.1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Beth286)
Yeah exactly!! I’m so stupid I should’ve read he question I thought i did!! I looked at Q4 and it said ‘refer to the whole of the source’ so Im thinking ****!! So I look back and that’s when I realise but by then I should’ve already been half way through that question and the whole thing went to ****!!
Q4 was rushed for most people including me. They should’ve made the exam 2 hours in my opinion, but hey ho it’s done and everyone’s in the same boat for that question I think so.
AelinSardothein
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
that was a **** exam
also question 5 - can you write in a very informal tone for the article? because thats what i did... very informal and **** af
Beth286
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Q4 was rushed for most people including me. They should’ve made the exam 2 hours in my opinion, but hey ho it’s done and everyone’s in the same boat for that question I think so.
I just copied question 3 into question 4 and hoped for the best haha
adelaideelsom
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thank god for that. okay false alarm everyone, i did the right thing
I did the same thing as you i literally almost went into cardiac arrest thinking id answered the wrong thing oh my ddaaaayyysss :')
Student303.1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AelinSardothein)
that was a **** exam
also question 5 - can you write in a very informal tone for the article? because thats what i did... very informal and **** af
Yeah needed to b formal asf, I did that one first
AelinSardothein
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah needed to b formal asf, I did that one first
NO WAY?!
okay i've officially failed
Coolibah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Humayun786)
I accidentally analysed source A by mistake instead of source B today in Aqa English language paper 2 question 3. I am completely stressed, will I not be able to gain any marks?
Me too!
I've emailed AQA to ask if I could still get some marks :/
+ I also asked my teacher if she could contact them
Humayun786
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Coolibah)
Me too!
I've emailed AQA to ask if I could still get some marks :/
+ I also asked my teacher if she could contact them
can you let me know what they say please
Icykitten
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hate to burst your bubble, but if you’ve done the different source these subject terminology marksdo not count, but be remindful you had paper 1, and the rest of paper 2 to fall back on. Don’t worry if you feel confident with the rest. It’s out of 160 in total, meaning you could literally get 148/160 maxmimum still, hope this makes you feel better.
Surely you must be able to get at least 1 mark for SOMETHING, right? Even if the question was answered wrong you must be able to get a few marks for something. It just seems stupid that you would get no marks at all. But i guess that's GCSEs for you. Don't worry anyway, it was only 12 marks, there are plenty of other marks out there
Student303.1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lozzylouise)
Surely you must be able to get at least 1 mark for SOMETHING, right? Even if the question was answered wrong you must be able to get a few marks for something. It just seems stupid that you would get no marks at all. But i guess that's GCSEs for you. Don't worry anyway, it was only 12 marks, there are plenty of other marks out there
Yeah well I mean if some points you have made are relevant enough that is similar to source B they might, but it’s doubtful as you haven’t really answered the question properly if done the other source.
Icykitten
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah well I mean if some points you have made are relevant enough that is similar to source B they might, but it’s doubtful as you haven’t really answered the question properly if done the other source.
I hate to bring up another panic about this paper, but did anyone accidently not see the part on question 3 where it said use lines 18-25? I finished early and thank goodness i realised and was able to fix most of it before it was too late.
Anyone else...?
Icykitten
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Beth286)
I did the same thing lol goodbye my target 8 grade
Same, I was predicted an 8 and I messed both papers up ☹️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (306)
15.13%
The paper was reasonable (1114)
55.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (442)
21.86%
It was TERRIBLE (160)
7.91%

Watched Threads