The Student Room Group

Official Asset Management and Wealth Management 2019 Graduate/Internship Thread

This is the megathread for all of those applying to internships or graduate schemes within asset management (both independent and within other organisations e.g. banks, insurance companies etc), wealth management and private banking.

AM
SWFs:
ADIA
GIC
CPPIB
Norges Bank IM
Temasek
QIA
KIA

Funds
PIMCO
Blackrock
Fidelity
State Street
JPMAM
BNY Mellon IM
Baillie Gifford
GSAM
Ruffer
Wellington
Schroders
M&G
Capital Group
T Rowe Price
Aberdeen

WM/PB:
JPM PB
Citi PB
UBS PWM/PB
CS PWM
DB PB
GS PWM
MS GWM
BAML WM
HSBC PB/PWM
Pictet
Rothschild WM
Adam & Company
Coutts&Co
Capital Group
Schroders
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thanks - the list is very helpful.

Sorry to be a bore but I'm new to this and I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me.

1) I do History at KCL, second year - do I have a shot at an AM or PWN internship (I don't have a SW)?
2) What should I do to improve my chances? Stock market simulator?
Hi, do any of these already accept applications for a 2019 summer internship?
Reply 3
Does anyone know when do most of the grad apps open? I've only seen MS Earlybird so far.
Reply 4
Original post by kosh_ki
Does anyone know when do most of the grad apps open? I've only seen MS Earlybird so far.

cant find it. when did u apply?
Reply 5
Original post by crossdd1
cant find it. when did u apply?

The deadline passed yesterday :/
Reply 6
Thoughts on compensation levels & exit opportunities of private banking at BBs? Thanks!
Reply 7
Anyone applied to AM firms yet? I have applied to: Smith & Williamson, M&G (Doing tests soon) and BlackRock (need to do video interview). All graduate schemes.

Anywhere else that is currently opening that I should get on?
Reply 8
Do Wealth Management/Asset Management Internships consider first years as well like they do in the US or are these also recommended for 2nd years like for IBD internships?
Reply 9
Original post by mg19
Do Wealth Management/Asset Management Internships consider first years as well like they do in the US or are these also recommended for 2nd years like for IBD internships?

only spring weeks for 1st years, unless u have connections
Which firms have opened?
anyone know the chances of securing an AM grad scheme without a summer internship before 3rd year uni? does AM view internships the same as IB (basc have to have an internship to get into it)
Original post by SahilArora27
anyone know the chances of securing an AM grad scheme without a summer internship before 3rd year uni? does AM view internships the same as IB (basc have to have an internship to get into it)

the uni u got to makes quite a difference if u have no summer internships, u have a decent chance if Ur at a target
Reply 13
Checked PIMCO recently and they dont seem to have opened. Any idea when most of the places will open?
Reply 14
Also, PIMCO only advertise for undergrads and MBAs in their internship section. Can MScs be expected to be lumped in with undergrads?
Original post by Redman_s
the uni u got to makes quite a difference if u have no summer internships, u have a decent chance if Ur at a target

university of notts
How can one become competitive for AM roles?
Original post by SahilArora27
university of notts

it's a semi target
you still have a decent chance but are gonna have to try to gain as much experience as possible (uni societies and unpaid internships) and also try to network
Original post by orangegoat
How can one become competitive for AM roles?

internships
leadership roles in societies
good grades and know the technicals
having a personal portfolio is helpful as well

anything that improves your CV really
How competitive is AM in comparison to IB (i.e. S&T etc.)?

Quick Reply

Latest