The Student Room Group

Official Asset Management and Wealth Management 2019 Graduate/Internship Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
HSBC Asset Management still not open?
Original post by patrick_horro
HSBC Asset Management still not open?

I can't find it either. All other HSBC schemes opened last Monday but asset management is either later, which is odd, or not being hired for this year .
Has anyone done Investec video interview yet???
Original post by the_end_u_see
Has anyone done Investec video interview yet???

Link to the application?
Reply 84
Original post by MrMusician95
I can't find it either. All other HSBC schemes opened last Monday but asset management is either later, which is odd, or not being hired for this year .

Im probs just going to apply to markets or perhaps private banking as that will be sort of be similar I guess.
Original post by patrick_horro
Im probs just going to apply to markets or perhaps private banking as that will be sort of be similar I guess.

Same, I think. The recruiter at HSBC told me that if I apply to say markets and then AM opens they can withdraw your my markets application so I can apply for AM. But it would he annoying having to do the test and video interview again .
has anyone done the M&G video interview? what are the type of questions?
Original post by SahilArora27

Hey! Any tips on the online tests? Just received them now for M&G
Original post by orangegoat
Hey! Any tips on the online tests? Just received them now for M&G

M&G tests are like EY if you've done them. STJ followed by basic numerical and then a very long verbal test with different section.
Original post by SahilArora27

Just standard competency, tell me about yourself etc.
Hi,
Going into second year at a semi target studying Econ (got 2:1 in first year) and I need to start applying for Industrial Placements (IPs) soon (you can probably guess the uni). Right now my end goal is AM but as far as I can find, there are very few IPs in AM. My question is then, what other industries should I apply for that will give me the best shot at grad AM?

Also, since I'm "technically" on a four year course, I did not apply to SWs last year. Silly me thought I could add the SW (if i get it) to my CV this year but that wont work lmao. Is it worth applying this year anyway just to get experience for eventual grad hiring?
Original post by nutmegger
Hi,
Going into second year at a semi target studying Econ (got 2:1 in first year) and I need to start applying for Industrial Placements (IPs) soon (you can probably guess the uni). Right now my end goal is AM but as far as I can find, there are very few IPs in AM. My question is then, what other industries should I apply for that will give me the best shot at grad AM?

Also, since I'm "technically" on a four year course, I did not apply to SWs last year. Silly me thought I could add the SW (if i get it) to my CV this year but that wont work lmao. Is it worth applying this year anyway just to get experience for eventual grad hiring?

Banking and professional services are big ones that will help you get AM as a graduate.

I am confused. You didn't get a SW then you cannot apply this year for a SW? You have to be a penultimate year to apply for a SW. Can you please clarify lol.
M&G tests are like EY if you've done them. STJ followed by basic numerical and then a very long verbal test with different section.

The M&G verbal is disgusting... It doesn't stop!
The M&G verbal is disgusting... It doesn't stop!

LOL!!! I know, I was very very late for work because I forgot how long it was, whoops.
LOL!!! I know, I was very very late for work because I forgot how long it was, whoops.

Jheeze! Not surprised! Do you know if they give out feedback on the tests? Would've hoped for some after committing so much time to it lol.
Jheeze! Not surprised! Do you know if they give out feedback on the tests? Would've hoped for some after committing so much time to it lol.

When did you do the tests? I received my feedback report a few days after completing the tests and got the invite to the video interview last week.
When did you do the tests? I received my feedback report a few days after completing the tests and got the invite to the video interview last week.

Ahh cheers! Just completed it an hour ago haha, so will have to wait!
Ahh cheers! Just completed it an hour ago haha, so will have to wait!

My fear is that you are already too late! I applied a couple weeks into August lol. Fingers crossed for you.
Banking and professional services are big ones that will help you get AM as a graduate.

I am confused. You didn't get a SW then you cannot apply this year for a SW? You have to be a penultimate year to apply for a SW. Can you please clarify lol.

No, I can apply to spring weeks this year because I graduate in 2021. I did not apply last year because I technically wasn't eligible (i.e. I was a first year in a four year course, but they ask for first years in 3 year courses) but in hindsight I could've just said I graduated 2020 and got away with it. Unless I am mistaken and SW =/= Spring week on here?

But also yeah thanks for the advice. Professional services is a pretty big area though, any more specific roles? I'd really rather not do accounting for a year for example LMAO
My fear is that you are already too late! I applied a couple weeks into August lol. Fingers crossed for you.

Are you able to post a list of the ones you’ve applied to so far?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending