The Student Room Group

Nursing tuition fees

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I'm struggling to find information about it.

I'm looking into applying for nursing and I know in England you pay the fees and in Scotland they are paid for you.

I'm from elsewhere in the UK but live in Scotland. Does anyone know which category I would fall into given my situation?

Thanks
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by bumblebee175
Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I'm struggling to find information about it.
I am from England but have been living in Scotland a few years.
I'm looking into applying for nursing and I know in England you pay the fees and in Scotland they are paid for you.
Does anyone know which category I would fall into given my situation?

Thanks

Would this just be your first degree?
If you want to enjoy free fees, then you have to be resident for non-educational reasons for three years prior to 1 Sept on the year the course starts. Why are you living in Scotland? It might be smart just to get a job and carry on living there just to qualify.
At the moment you wouldnt meet the 3 year criteria.
It's not my first degree but that tends not to matter in the case of nursing.

I havelived here for 3 years, but not consecutively. I've only been here for 2 years in a row :frown:
Edit: I'm in Scotland because I live and work here

SAAS regulations and website are the worst to try and understand or navigate through. Their literature is poor. If you work and live there, then I suggest you carry on until you do qualify and meet the residence requirements. It will save you tens of thousands.

Contact SAAS on a no-names basis and if you get stuck then post back. id rather not have to delve through their regulations at the moment and it's easier for them to give you a definitive answer. If theres a sticking point then post back.
I do qualify for the bursary from SAAS, I already spoke to them. However, SAAS don't pay the tuition fees for nursing students, I think the government pay it directly, so I'm struggling to see if that is covered for me and I can't seem to find any confirmation.

Perhaps ask sfe on the forum here if they know. One of the two knows.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending