The Student Room Group

**Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2019 Thread**

This is the official mega-thread for those starting university this September or going into second year of a four year course (or third year of a five year course).

The following firms offer spring weeks:

BBs
Goldman Sachs
Morgan Stanley
JPMorgan
BAML
Credit Suisse
Citi
Deutsche Bank
Barclays Investment Bank
UBS

EBs:
Lazard
Rothschild
Evercore
PWP (Women's)
PJT

BSBs and MMs:
HSBC
RBC
BNP Paribas
Nomura
Jefferies
Macquarie

Big4 (mainly audit/corpfin)
KPMG
Deloitte
PwC
EY

Consulting:
BCG Insight (usually September)
Mckinsey Discover (can clash with normal spring weeks)

Commodities:
BP IST
VCMT

AM:
Schroders
BlackRock
Aviva Investors

PE:
Blackstone (Women's)
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thanks for this
BlackRock has an insight week as well! :smile:
Reply 3
Do you know which firm opens applications earliest?
Subbing- finally starting my journey on this route because of 4 year degree- Let's hope for offers to fly in here!
Reply 5
Do you think Universities that start in September have an advantage over those who start in October?
Original post by jmunns
Do you think Universities that start in September have an advantage over those who start in October?

Literally doesn't matter when you start, just get everything filled out and fully ironed out by mid October (or ASAP for ones opening after) if you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
What would you guys say are the most important things to mention in your application?
lmaoooo first make sure you merk these A levels and get into your firm choice hahaha
Original post by rhaegar448
lmaoooo first make sure you merk these A levels and get into your firm choice hahaha

^^ This.
Clearing is no fun- take it from someone who had to go through it.
Original post by Xphoenix
^^ This.

+1

An unexpected gap year, clearing and transferring unis are not fun experiences. Better to focus your energy on exams right now rather than juggle trying to manage so many things.
Original post by Xphoenix
^^ This.

Agree,going through clearing was the sh*test experience of my life.Never felt so low.
I've posted a thread but is it better to apply for spring weeks or straight for sumemr internships if you're going to be second year of 4 year MEng
Original post by metrize
I've posted a thread but is it better to apply for spring weeks or straight for sumemr internships if you're going to be second year of 4 year MEng

As in if you're going into second year? If so, apply spring weeks as you'll be graduating 2021.
How did exams go? I really hope I manage to get into my firm uni as its a target. If I dont then i probably wont bother with the spring week bandwagon because its too much stress
Original post by rhaegar448
How did exams go? I really hope I manage to get into my firm uni as its a target. If I dont then i probably wont bother with the spring week bandwagon because its too much stress

lol, that's a poor attitude my dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Sorry for basic question but what do the acronyms mean (BB, MM etc) before the groups of banks
Original post by timif2
Sorry for basic question but what do the acronyms mean (BB, MM etc) before the groups of banks

bulge bracket, middle market, balance sheet bank, elite boutique (though if you're ever mentioning the type of firm call them an "independent advisory firm")
Reply 18
Original post by Princepieman
bulge bracket, middle market, balance sheet bank, elite boutique (though if you're ever mentioning the type of firm call them an "independent advisory firm")

Deleted
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by timif2
Oh cool. Soz for the Q but briefly what do they mean

google is the way.. can't give you every piece of info, where's the fun in that?

Quick Reply

Latest