The Student Room Group

Argentina are going to win the World Cup.

Scroll to see replies

Never trust those feelings again boyyy!
Lol
Original post by latic_lad
Got a feeling...

Yup, you must be feeling a right tit.
Reply 23
OP right now

deleteaccount.png
OP must be embarrassed .Argentia probably aren’t even going to qualify.
LOL
Ha.Ha.Ha...whoops! Maybe a little bit unlikely now?
@S.G.
This thread ROFL.
Original post by bobby147
OP must be embarrassed .Argentia probably aren’t even going to qualify.

If you mean they are not even able to come get through the group phase, you are right. What an embarrased performance, even worse than the Germans in the opening match against Mexico.
No one that had been following Argentina's 'progress' in the qualifiers is at all surprised by these results.

Iceland v Argentina was the one match after the first 2 days I wanted to watch (that I wasn't personally invested in). At best Argentina were getting a draw there. Croatia were favourites for this one.

It was entirely down to whether Messi could score more than their worst ever defence conceded.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by DeepInTheMeadow
Ha.Ha.Ha...whoops! Maybe a little bit unlikely now?

If Argentina need a miracle in form of a high victory, it is highely unlikely, even almost impossible. :biggrin:

Looks like Messi is an uncrowned king in his career, because Argentina either botched it when it matters or it has no good players on the pitch to become a world champion.
I’m actually partially hoping for an Argentina miracle, because if they make it out of the groups or somehow to the quarterfinals, they have a chance of collapsing in epic style à la Brazil 1-7 Germany. Such a result would finally mend the poor broken hearts of the Brazilians.
(edited 5 years ago)
Lmao. Trust me. Belgium will win, you heard it here first.
Original post by ozzyoscy
No one that had been following Argentina's 'progress' in the qualifiers is at all surprised by these results.

Iceland v Argentina was the one match after the first 2 days I wanted to watch (that I wasn't personally invested in). At best Argentina were getting a draw there. Croatia were favourites for this one.

It was entirely down to whether Messi could score more than their worst ever defence conceded.

I’m with you on this. Must be very upsetting for Argentine fans but this collapse could have been seen from long ago. Same with Colombia, so many people rated them but didn’t realise how poor they had been in qualifying, and were subsequently shocked when they crashed out against Japan.

Messi is still an amazing player but the midfield and defence is horrendous, and to make matters worse one of Argentina’s best midfielders, Lanzini, had to sit out of the tournament due to injury.

While it is fun to take the mick of last year’s runners up and a lot of people’s favourite to win the tournament, I do feel sorry for people like you who have had to watch your team go from championship contenders to being torn apart in the group stages. You knew this was coming from a long way off, but yet I imagine every failure of the team must have felt gutting. I hope you are feeling ok.
Original post by TimGB
I’m with you on this. Must be very upsetting for Argentine fans but this collapse could have been seen from long ago. Same with Colombia, so many people rated them but didn’t realise how poor they had been in qualifying, and were subsequently shocked when they crashed out against Japan.

Messi is still an amazing player but the midfield and defence is horrendous, and to make matters worse one of Argentina’s best midfielders, Lanzini, had to sit out of the tournament due to injury.

While it is fun to take the mick of last year’s runners up and a lot of people’s favourite to win the tournament, I do feel sorry for people like you who have had to watch your team go from championship contenders to being torn apart in the group stages. You knew this was coming from a long way off, but yet I imagine every failure of the team must have felt gutting. I hope you are feeling ok.

I'm actually English and half-Iranian so I'm pretty ecstatic at the moment. :biggrin:

Argentina won 5 in 7 U20 World Cups until 2007, then struggled to even qualify, and we're seeing the results. Once Messi retires, they might not even make some World Cups, even with the extra qualifying spot.
Reply 35
@thread creator

A8B60281-1AA6-432E-A351-40196912D93A.jpeg
OP might be right yet...
Original post by Sharpshooter
OP might be right yet...

Nah. That GOAT Musa will destroy them and celebrate by buying another petrol station.
omg ur are soo right
Reply 39
Original post by FailedMyMocks
Lmao. Trust me. Belgium will win, you heard it here first.

I was saying it before the tournament. This team is TOO DEADLY
KDB,Hazard,Lukaku,Mertens and of course FELLAINI:colone:

They got France next, sounds like a horrible tie considering the firepower of France however with their recent performances could turn out ok as long as Higuain doesn't start :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest