The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Will I get in with an ABC if I got a conditional offer for BBB?

I applied to the computer systems eng course for 2019 entry and got a conditional offer for three Bs, but it's looking like I'm gonna end up with an ABC. Usually I would assume those are equivalent but in this case Brunel specifies that the Bs have to be in maths and any science, and I think I may have gotten a C in physics. How strict is Brunel with entry requirements? From what I've heard this isn't the most popular course, so could that work in my favour? Anyway, I know none of you will be able to tell me for sure but if anyone's had a similar experience, please share! :smile:
They will most likely accept you unless they had any specific requirements. It doesn't seem to be thus in your explanation/ post so hopefully it will be okay.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
They will probably accept you if you get those grades, my offer at reading was BBB and I got BBC and got in.
Original post by Carmen BH
I applied to the computer systems eng course for 2019 entry and got a conditional offer for three Bs, but it's looking like I'm gonna end up with an ABC. Usually I would assume those are equivalent but in this case Brunel specifies that the Bs have to be in maths and any science, and I think I may have gotten a C in physics. How strict is Brunel with entry requirements? From what I've heard this isn't the most popular course, so could that work in my favour? Anyway, I know none of you will be able to tell me for sure but if anyone's had a similar experience, please share! :smile:

I think you may need to know a bit more than your ABCs to study at university.
It is really up to the university - nominally, their offer means "you need to get at least a B in all your subjects", which you didn't achieve. However, you doing better in one subject may be seen to ameliorate you doing worse in the other. In general though, the two sets of grades aren't equivalent and it will be down to the universities discretion.

Depending on the course/university, I imagine it's a reasonable thing to believe they will consider it seriously though, as BBB suggests it is not a greatly popular course and as such they may prefer to take someone with an offer who got ABC than fish for someone in clearing who may end up having BBC anyway, just to fill the seat. Just be aware that acceptance is not guaranteed as if you had achieved BBB (or higher in any subject).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending