The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths Edexcel Paper 2 Foundation

So what answers did everyone put on the edexcel paper 2 foundation and what was your thoughts on the paper?
The first part was easy however I panicked and found it alot harder towards the end
that last question ? as long as I pick up a few marks it will be alright - had no idea how to do it lol
Reply 3
Yeah me too whenever I see like a 5 mark question I just start panicking but think I got around 40-50 marks on it 🤞🏻
Reply 4
As long as you showed some working out then you might pick up a couple of marks
yeah that's very true ! yeah hopefully 40 or more for me if not paper 3 I want to do best in then
Original post by marniepippa
yeah that's very true ! yeah hopefully 40 or more for me if not paper 3 I want to do best in then

I pray the grade boundaries aren’t high cos everyone find them easy I think they will someone said 150 for a 4 and 200/180 for a 5
Original post by marniepippa
that last question ? as long as I pick up a few marks it will be alright - had no idea how to do it lol

It was a quite easy question. Use pythag to find the base length, then find the area of the cross section and times it by the length of the prism. The answer was 280 I believe as that's what I got and what many others have too.
Original post by Aleshadavis2611
I pray the grade boundaries aren’t high cos everyone find them easy I think they will someone said 150 for a 4 and 200/180 for a 5

Definitely not true. That's way too high. I'd say around 130 for a 4, and 170 for a 5.
Original post by BenTenTacion
Definitely not true. That's way too high. I'd say around 130 for a 4, and 170 for a 5.

It will be lower than that, so don't worry. Maybe 165 for a 5 and 125-127 for a 4 :smile:

WON'T increase that much, please don't stress.

Quick Reply

Latest