The Student Room Group

How are your exams going so far?

Poll

How are your exams going so far?

GCSE-ers, you're almost there! Most of you will be over halfway by now and starting to look towards the end. A level you've got a bit further to go but most of you will have started.

So, how are they going? Any gone particularly well or badly? Thoughts on what you have left? Plans for the summer? Get chatting here! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My first week was simply terrible. That's all I'm gonna say. My second week I think was much better with English lit, Physics except for Maths. This week was really, really good. The best so far! (even maths!) and hopefully next week will be even better , I really want to smash those science exams hopefully;
ngl at this rate im taking the biggest L of 2018
All have gone very well so far! Got 5 left, hoping to nail the ones left and that’s itttttt for GCSEs!
Original post by knownasAD
ngl at this rate im taking the biggest L of 2018

Sure they won't be as bad as you think!

Original post by gurlll
My first week was simply terrible. That's all I'm gonna say. My second week I think was much better with English lit, Physics except for Maths. This week was really, really good. The best so far! (even maths!) and hopefully next week will be even better , I really want to smash those science exams hopefully;

Glad it got better! That sounds really good. Good luck with science!

Original post by harmankaur17
All have gone very well so far! Got 5 left, hoping to nail the ones left and that’s itttttt for GCSEs!

Great! On the home strait then :smile: you'll be so relieved!
My first three a level exams have all been pretty horrendous if I'm being honest. Oh well here's to making up for it in the second week :smile:
underwhelming to say the least..
Quite good tbh! Just maths I am pushing myself for 70+ marks for Paper 3, to get that 8!! :s-smilie:
Original post by MydaMina
Quite good tbh! Just maths I am pushing myself for 70+ marks for Paper 3, to get that 8!! :s-smilie:

how did the other papers go with that grade and 60s in the others you should get a 9
Original post by Saif Saleemi
how did the other papers go with that grade and 60s in the others you should get a 9

Hhehe, i wish! xD I got like 45 in paper 1 and 59-60 in paper 2. If I'm aiming for an 8 I know I need 70+ marks.
Hhehe, i wish! xD I got like 45 in paper 1 and 59-60 in paper 2. If I'm aiming for an 8 I know I need 70+ marks.

ight. i have probably i best idea of what might, no will come up for a student. the answer is EVERYTHING. anything can come up still, but focus on circle theorem proofs, bearings, more trig,sequences(quadratic,fibonacci,geometric) simultaneous equations ( the linear and quadratic) completing the square, quadratic formula,trig graphs,hard functions,iteration IMPORTANT(most questions are arouns 7 marks and they are easy once you know them) and finally stratified and normal sampling. don't forget frequency polygons and Cumulative frequency as well.also area under a curve and rearranging difficult formulae. good luck. copy and pasted as you can tell
Four exams down and two left. Psychology went better than Geography - probably because the former is easier as with the latter it's more application than recall. IT exam tomorrow that I'm feeling not-so-confident with; I haven't revised for it much but it's a BTEC exam so the grade boundaries are really low in comparison to A-Levels (I can get above half marks easily; half marks is the top grade). Then there's the final Psychology exam on Thursday I am frankly cramming for (although at least I won't have other exams to revise for so can focus on that). And after that I can relax, alongside finishing my IT coursework.

It's come around quickly; I can remember my first day of secondary school, never mind sixth form!
ight. i have probably i best idea of what might, no will come up for a student. the answer is EVERYTHING. anything can come up still, but focus on circle theorem proofs, bearings, more trig,sequences(quadratic,fibonacci,geometric) simultaneous equations ( the linear and quadratic) completing the square, quadratic formula,trig graphs,hard functions,iteration IMPORTANT(most questions are arouns 7 marks and they are easy once you know them) and finally stratified and normal sampling. don't forget frequency polygons and Cumulative frequency as well.also area under a curve and rearranging difficult formulae. good luck. copy and pasted as you can tell

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Haha, doesn't matter thanks for the guidance! :smile:
Reply 13
May god bless everyone with the gift of lower grade boudaries.
sh*t! sh*t! and....sh*t!
ICT (edexcel)- liked the paper, decent
RE (aqa)- glad i don’t want to be a vicar
English Lit (aqa)- decent, but compared ozymandias to tissue so that’s either terrible or a decent grade
English Language (aqa)- hoping the examiner reacts to my work like mr fisher reacts to tibbet’s
Science (aqa combined)- bio was crap, chem was decent, physics was okay
Maths (aqa)- p1 was ok but p2 was a godsend
Sociology (aqa)- enjoyed the papers and felt i organised my time well
Business (edexcel)- a pass would be lucky
Original post by phantom973
My first three a level exams have all been pretty horrendous if I'm being honest. Oh well here's to making up for it in the second week :smile:

That's the way to look at it! One at a time :smile: good luck!

underwhelming to say the least..

Original post by cherrybomb115
sh*t! sh*t! and....sh*t!

As above! What's done is done, move on and do as well as you can on the next ones. Hopefully come results day you'll be pleasently surprised :smile:

Good! You can do it- an 8 would be amazing! But a 7 great as well. Good luck!

Original post by Sycaphore
Four exams down and two left. Psychology went better than Geography - probably because the former is easier as with the latter it's more application than recall. IT exam tomorrow that I'm feeling not-so-confident with; I haven't revised for it much but it's a BTEC exam so the grade boundaries are really low in comparison to A-Levels (I can get above half marks easily; half marks is the top grade). Then there's the final Psychology exam on Thursday I am frankly cramming for (although at least I won't have other exams to revise for so can focus on that). And after that I can relax, alongside finishing my IT coursework.

It's come around quickly; I can remember my first day of secondary school, never mind sixth form!

2/3 done! I can imagine that. Good luck tomorrow, it sounds like you'll be absolutely fine :smile: you have time before thursday too. Almost there!

Original post by lydiarutharnold
ICT (edexcel)- liked the paper, decent
RE (aqa)- glad i don’t want to be a vicar
English Lit (aqa)- decent, but compared ozymandias to tissue so that’s either terrible or a decent grade
English Language (aqa)- hoping the examiner reacts to my work like mr fisher reacts to tibbet’s
Science (aqa combined)- bio was crap, chem was decent, physics was okay
Maths (aqa)- p1 was ok but p2 was a godsend
Sociology (aqa)- enjoyed the papers and felt i organised my time well
Business (edexcel)- a pass would be lucky

These sound pretty good on the whole! Hopefully the results will portray that :smile: I've heard so much about Mr Fisher this week :lol: good luck for any you have left!
The stats are approximately normally distributed.
Exams going as expected thankfully, hopefully results will be too (or higher)!!
Reply 19
Hmm, I think I'm doing fine. Though I'm slightly worried.
I guess now that maths is over, I can say the subjects that I am most scared for on results day, are English literature and Maths. I found Literature paper 1 to be rather difficult, only because I stupidly did not revise a minor character for The sign of four. I then panicked. Messed up the essay. -_-
Luckily, I found paper 2 much better.

Maths, on the other hand... I have mixed feelings on how I did. The first paper was good, second - 'iffy', and third was alright (I'm not sure). I'm quite worried if I won't reach my expected grade.

Rest of the other exams are all good, though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending