There's literally no such thing as an illegal human being

Watch
gcsestudent2002
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Why do so many countries have laws that condone this idea?
MikeyA
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What? D'you mean illegal immigration?
Ryanzmw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Calling someone an 'illegal immigrant' refers to the nature of their immigration. That is they are a person who has immigrated illegally, they are not an illegal person who has immigrated as you might have thought in your confusion.
gcsestudent2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ryanzmw)
Calling someone an 'illegal immigrant' refers to the nature of their immigration. That is they are a person who has immigrated illegally, they are not an illegal person who has immigrated as you might have thought in your confusion.
Trump calls them "illegals". That's incredibly dangerous and wrong. I'm pretty sure many others have started calling them "illegals". Anyway, where was all this illegal immigrant business when their ancestors had a "civil" war on stolen land, the fort Laramie and Indian appropriations act?? They just created "illegal immigration" to oppress migration yet they're literally doing what their ancestors did (without the genocide and destruction of land) and working hard for the better of society!!
jamal tyrone
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gcsestudent2002)
Trump calls them "illegals". That's incredibly dangerous and wrong. I'm pretty sure many others have started calling them "illegals". Anyway, where was all this illegal immigrant business when their ancestors had a "civil" war on stolen land, the fort Laramie and Indian appropriations act?? They just created "illegal immigration" to oppress migration yet they're literally doing what their ancestors did (without the genocide and destruction of land) and working hard for the better of society!!
https://imgur.com/gallery/1g7gG
gcsestudent2002
Rep:
?
This puerile post was debunked 6 years ago. Do you really think all illegal immigrants receive welfare? That's asinine.
jamal tyrone
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This puerile post was debunked 6 years ago. Do you really think all illegal immigrants receive welfare? That's asinine.
I guess you're right.
http://www.texasgopvote.com/joe-lega...s-myths-001196
Ryanzmw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's a contracted form of 'illegal immigrants', he's not saying that they are 'illegal humans' as you seem to think.
elyptical1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wow, you're so woke and intelligent...

It comes down to the laws of the country - A nation state can tell people they can and can't come in under different circumstances. So yes, you're "Illegal", if you're inside a country without permission.

In other news, the sky is blue? Anything of substance?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (19)
19%
I'm not sure (2)
2%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (28)
28%
I have already dropped out (3)
3%
I'm not a current university student (48)
48%

Watched Threads