The Student Room Group

Is this a nice message to receive? What does it mean?

'You can always talk to me :smile: and I don't know of anyone who hates you you're such a lovely person'.
im confused on what youre asking? do you want a deeper meaning because it seems fairly obvious what it means
Original post by Anonymous
'You can always talk to me :smile: and I don't know of anyone who hates you you're such a lovely person'.

Yes, it's a nice message to receive. It means exactly what it says - you are a nice person and everyone like you.
That they can always to talk to you and they don’t know anyone who hates you cos you’re a lovely person. There’s no deeper meaning behind it that you need to analyse. It’s as clear as water. You make the same similar threads every year and you need to realise these people care so much about you and you gotta stop overthinking
idk how you can analyse that, take it for what it says
Reply 5
I am sort of asking do you thin it is true because sometimes I don't believe it and think I have any friends.
Reply 6
*think
*think

It’s nice thing to say. Do you have friends that say it to you?
Reply 8
Original post by ProRoadman
It’s nice thing to say. Do you have friends that say it to you?

One person said this to me once, but I don't really ever speak to people in person, due to my shyness. I don't understand how people can seemingly like me as a person without talking to me often. (I have Aspergers so personally know very little about this)
I am sort of asking do you thin it is true because sometimes I don't believe it and think I have any friends.

We have no idea if it is true or not as we don't know you. But clearly the person who messaged you, and who knows both you and those you associate with, seems to think so.
One person said this to me once, but I don't really ever speak to people in person, due to my shyness. I don't understand how people can seemingly like me as a person without talking to me often. (I have Aspergers so personally know very little about this)

How old are you?
Do you think that I have friends?

I sure we all have friends.

It looks like you have at least one friend. If they weren't you friend, they wouldn't bother sending you nice messages like the one above.
Original post by ProRoadman
How old are you?

Sounds like OP has MH issues, I don't think age is the issue

I have Aspergers and need things explained to me.

Yeah, wanted to get an idea. OP may still be a young teen. Anyway, I do hope they get the right help they need.

It shows that the person writing the message is saying that they're happy to console you and that you shouldn't feel as if anyone is against you.

What you MUST NOT DO is ASSUME that there is some subtext to this. There may well be some implication concealed in this message depending on the circumstances in which he or she felt the need to console you, but quite frankly if he or she were hinting at their desire for the two of you to be closer or something like that, this is certainly not the kind of message by which such a desire would be revealed.

The best advice you'll receive is to take it at surface value and if there should be some kind of implication meant by their solicitude it'll undoubtedly be revealed more explicitly.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Ryanzmw

The best advice you'll receive is to take it at surface value and if there should be some kind of implication meant by their solicitude it'll undoubtedly be revealed more explicitly.

This. This is really great advice from Ryanzmw here OP. Coming from experience and worrying about people's thoughts of me too I have come to realise effectively what is said here.

Don't spend excessive time worrying about other people's opinions of you. If someone is nice to you, as Ryan said, take it as them being nice to you and move on.

People who are nice to you but in reality dislike you beneath are the kind of people you don't want to be friends with anyway (and they always disappear over time), so believe me when I say if someone else doesn't like you for no apparent reason it is their loss and not yours. Don't waste energy on it.

The comment you received is someone being nice to you
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending