The Student Room Group

I forgot to put how far I agree in Eng Lang Q4

Okay so I did my paper two English language today, and everything went well but it hit me halfway through another exam that I didn’t explicitly say how far I agreed with the statement on Question 4, I only concluded with how effective each text was and which was the most effective. I’m absolutely petrified that this has made me lose out on the higher bands as I’m aiming for a high grade. Can anyone tell me if it will severely damage my score?
Reply 1
If you're lucky, the examiner will interpret your most effective text conclusion as a full agreement with the statement and it wouldn't hurt you at all if the statement you stated was the most effective was in the question.
Reply 2
Original post by /JR/
If you're lucky, the examiner will interpret your most effective text conclusion as a full agreement with the statement and it wouldn't hurt you at all if the statement you stated was the most effective was in the question.

The statement was something along the lines of ‘both texts present how powerful a meal is on our senses, how far do you agree?’ so I presume I’m relying on luck for that question?
Original post by AmeliaLowe
Okay so I did my paper two English language today, and everything went well but it hit me halfway through another exam that I didn’t explicitly say how far I agreed with the statement on Question 4, I only concluded with how effective each text was and which was the most effective. I’m absolutely petrified that this has made me lose out on the higher bands as I’m aiming for a high grade. Can anyone tell me if it will severely damage my score?

what exam board did you do
Reply 4
Original post by AmeliaLowe
The statement was something along the lines of ‘both texts present how powerful a meal is on our senses, how far do you agree?’ so I presume I’m relying on luck for that question?

so if you said they both do, but one more than the other thats perfect. no need to worry.
Reply 5
Original post by Fez_Shabbir
what exam board did you do

I think it’s OCR but I’m not sure on that
Reply 6
Original post by /JR/
so if you said they both do, but one more than the other thats perfect. no need to worry.

Oh thank god, that’s a relief!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending