Shahzeb_Khan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
This is for my Muslim brothers, and sisters. Is it wrong for another Muslim to judge another Muslim?

A clear example is “A brother who does not pray or fast, is it right to judge them?”

It may sound daft but I want an honest reply, let’s keep this civil, and no trolls please 👍
znbjsm
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think a common issue in the Muslim community is that we are very quick to judge usually without assessing ourselves first. In the example you've given I would say most will blindly say that's haram and judge the brother however unless we know why someone is acting the way they are, I don't think we're in a position where we should be allowed to judge. In the end we're all mere mortals and Allah is the judge of our lives so why do we feel that it is right to judge someone when that it Allah has declared himself the judge and not us? Personally, I don't think it is right to judge but we all have a tendency to do so; we should try to break this tendency.
Shahzeb_Khan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by ZainabJassim)
I think a common issue in the Muslim community is that we are very quick to judge usually without assessing ourselves first. In the example you've given I would say most will blindly say that's haram and judge the brother however unless we know why someone is acting the way they are, I don't think we're in a position where we should be allowed to judge. In the end we're all mere mortals and Allah is the judge of our lives so why do we feel that it is right to judge someone when that it Allah has declared himself the judge and not us? Personally, I don't think it is right to judge but we all have a tendency to do so; we should try to break this tendency.
Thanks for the reply, I guess we should focus more on our lives rather than others. I guess who are we to judge others.

Take care, I hope that the rest of the fasts go easy for you inshallah 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (672)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (848)
42.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.29%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.56%

Watched Threads