The Student Room Group

Tesco haven’t got back to me since moving!!!

This was my original post 2 weeks ago:

I’ve been at Tesco for six and a half years now. My new manager used to be a normal checkout girl like me back when I started. She came back two months ago. And I’m moving from London to Sussex on June 1 (the buyers sprung the moving date on us last week after months of not being in contact) now I got offered a job from another Tesco near me but had to tell her to turn it down because I’m moving (she was surprised that I was moving) she then told me “because I’ve annoyed Tesco, they might not want to help you” she then told me yesterday “have you written your resignation and found another job then?” Told her no, that’s why applied at another store down in Sussex.
————
Anyway. I’m stuck. I’ve gone to the Tesco down in Sussex , like they told me to and they told me we’d call your old store to sort something out and get back to you. They did but This was 3 days ago. And no one has called or emailed me back since. I’m still currently employed by my old store back in London for the next few months. But don’t know What to do? Do I just give up (as I’ve had other job interviews) or pursue Tesco (not that I want to after how I’ve been treated but I need a job)

Sorry if this is long winded.

Thanks
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Amxnda81
This was my original post 2 weeks ago:

I’ve been at Tesco for six and a half years now. My new manager used to be a normal checkout girl like me back when I started. She came back two months ago. And I’m moving from London to Sussex on June 1 (the buyers sprung the moving date on us last week after months of not being in contact) now I got offered a job from another Tesco near me but had to tell her to turn it down because I’m moving (she was surprised that I was moving) she then told me “because I’ve annoyed Tesco, they might not want to help you” she then told me yesterday “have you written your resignation and found another job then?” Told her no, that’s why applied at another store down in Sussex.
————
Anyway. I’m stuck. I’ve gone to the Tesco down in Sussex , like they told me to and they told me we’d call your old store to sort something out and get back to you. They did but This was 3 days ago. And no one has called or emailed me back since. I’m still currently employed by my old store back in London for the next few months. But don’t know What to do? Do I just give up (as I’ve had other job interviews) or pursue Tesco (not that I want to after how I’ve been treated but I need a job)

Sorry if this is long winded.

Thanks

3 days isn't a particularly long time but I understand what you're feeling, so send them a polite email to ask if there has been any news.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending