How do I evaluate Holism in Psychology, AQA Paper 3?

Watch
rebebeb
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm revising Issues and Debates and there isn't much evaluation for Holism in the textbook apart from it not being scientific. Can anyone help me come up with more evaluation?
Pearlfection1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can compare holism to reductionism to get AO3 marks too.

Holism is limited as it is not a feasible option. If psychologists were to study all factors that affect a person in depth; it would be very complex hence holism is not a practical approach to take.

Holism is useful as it uses different levels of explanation to come to a conclusion. This is appropriate as it provides a complete and realistic understanding of human behaviour.

Holism is limited due to the incapability to establish cause and effect. Holism does not study people in operationalised variables, measured and manipulated hence can be seen as unscientific.

Try using the Tutor2u Article on Holism and Reductionism!
rebebeb
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Pearlfection1)
You can compare holism to reductionism to get AO3 marks too.

Holism is limited as it is not a feasible option. If psychologists were to study all factors that affect a person in depth; it would be very complex hence holism is not a practical approach to take.

Holism is useful as it uses different levels of explanation to come to a conclusion. This is appropriate as it provides a complete and realistic understanding of human behaviour.

Holism is limited due to the incapability to establish cause and effect. Holism does not study people in operationalised variables, measured and manipulated hence can be seen as unscientific.

Try using the Tutor2u Article on Holism and Reductionism!
Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (121)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.32%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.35%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.44%

Watched Threads