The Student Room Group

Should I breakup with white boyfriend for Muslim parents? Help!

I’ve been dating my boyfriend for 4 years and I

have managed to keep it from my parents and family. We do love each other and make lots of sacrifices for each other. I don’t know if it time to split up, I can’t tell my parents about him and I don’t think I will get into the same uni as him. What should I do?
Please someone help ASAP
Is it common to get into same uni with same uni options x
well firstly it depends on where you want this relationship to go... like is he worth all the trouble and all. you have to see like would you sacrifice your family for him and vice versa. it also depends on how strict your parents are. but hiding things from them isnt always the way- plus haraam?
im guessing your in like year 12? u can apply for the same uni and possibility is you may both get in if you have similar grade predictiions. try anyways.
honestly though, if u dont see the relationship going anywhere then break off- especially if you know how your parent are.
Isn't Islam a religion that accepts and loves others? They shouldn't allow race to be a reason to stand between you.
No don't bother.

Don't let real love get in your way for a *little* chance of good life after death.

If you are near uni, wait till then, and once you're safe to be one your own, come out to your parents. They can't and shouldn't do anything.

Ofc you'll have Muslims on this website telling you it's safe to break up with him, but at the end of the day it's how much you love him.
Reply 4
So you've been dating him since you were 13/14 years old...?

You don't have to tell your parents yet, it seems you're trying to find an excuse to end it by using university. You can still date from different unis, it is possible.
(edited 5 years ago)
listeeeeennn y'all dont know how muslim parents are, some are chill but there is obvuiouslt a reason why she isnt telling her parents. yeah dont break up with him but then what Happens? you cant keep him secret from them forever, its really unfair on his behalf. ,

Quick Reply

Latest