The Student Room Group

3 languages for A level?

Hi - I was just wondering for those who study Modern foreign languages, how difficult it would be to take on 3 languages next year? Out of all of my subjects, languages are definitely my strongest and come to me the most naturally, and it is the field I want to go into in the future. Any advice is appreciated :smile:

Thanks
I'd maybe have a variety incase you decide you no longer enjoy languages or change your mind. Have you looked at uni entrance requirements for what you want to do?

I assume you're also referring to 3 foreign languages?
what languages, and ehat field do you want to go into?
Reply 3
Original post by medic18
what languages, and ehat field do you want to go into?

Spanish, French and Italian, and go into either teaching languages in the future, or translating, interpreting, etc.
Reply 4
Original post by AzureCeleste
I'd maybe have a variety incase you decide you no longer enjoy languages or change your mind. Have you looked at uni entrance requirements for what you want to do?

I assume you're also referring to 3 foreign languages?
That's what I've been thinking - maybe doing two languages, and one other subject. I haven't yet looked at entrance requirements since I don't know whether I'm interested in uni or not. I'm very confused about it all, really.
Original post by Zarzeeboo24
That's what I've been thinking - maybe doing two languages, and one other subject. I haven't yet looked at entrance requirements since I don't know whether I'm interested in uni or not. I'm very confused about it all, really.

I never did languages at A-level. I'm scottish so I did highers(which is like equivalent of AS levels or there abouts). I did take french to that stage and from my experience the jump between nat 5(GCSE) and higher(AS level) was massive and it was a lot harder. It may be different in England though so I'd wait for another reply from someone else.
I'd maybe consider doing 2 and 1 other subject. It will allow you to have a break from the languages. Are you not having to choose 4 A-levels and then in year 13 drop one?

Quick Reply

Latest