arzz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
what might come up in the paper , any six markers that surely will come up? what key bits of info do we need to know
sheikh_youssef
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by arzz)
what might come up in the paper , any six markers that surely will come up? what key bits of info do we need to know

Possible long answer questions (4-6 marks)

- Advantages and disadvantages of scientific techniques (e.g: cloning, genetically modifying plants, etc.)

- Comparing causes and treatments for Type 1 and 2 Diabetes or potential treatments to kidney failure as well as the pros and cons of those treatments (if there are any)

- The negative feedback system and how temperature, water and glucose content are regulated in the body as well as the route signals take to form responses (receptors>CNS>effectors)

- Understanding how the brain works and ways in which we can do this (MRI scans, electrical stimulation of the brain, examining patients with brain damage)

- Carbon or water cycles in the ecosystem (ecology) and how biomass is passed along the food chain

These are just a few possibilities, I might have missed something out and of course not all of these will appear in the test.

Hope this helped!
arzz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by sheikh_youssef)
Possible long answer questions (4-6 marks)

- Advantages and disadvantages of scientific techniques (e.g: cloning, genetically modifying plants, etc.)

- Comparing causes and treatments for Type 1 and 2 Diabetes or potential treatments to kidney failure as well as the pros and cons of those treatments (if there are any)

- The negative feedback system and how temperature, water and glucose content are regulated in the body as well as the route signals take to form responses (receptors>CNS>effectors)

- Understanding how the brain works and ways in which we can do this (MRI scans, electrical stimulation of the brain, examining patients with brain damage)

- Carbon or water cycles in the ecosystem (ecology) and how biomass is passed along the food chain

These are just a few possibilities, I might have missed something out and of course not all of these will appear in the test.

Hope this helped!

thanks a lot bro
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (61)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (98)
27.76%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (135)
38.24%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.6%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed