Think I've Failed French (+History) Watch

username3044176
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I know we all did French ages ago but its like always at the back of my mind because I don't think it went well at all! I'm so worried about it like I want at least a 6. The speaking, I messed up on 2 questions and the rest was meh. I thought the listening was hard. The reading was ok but everyone thought it was easy so the grade boundaries will be high. The writing, the questions were good but I haven't done well, like I messed up on forming the 'Je/J'ai' with verbs and I didn't really include loads of tenses. I'm so stressed about it and I just cant forget about it.
My history exam went quite well but I didn't include a conclusion for the 2 16 mark questions and my 4 mark questions were all rushed and there was such little time for paper 1. I think paper 2 went decent but paper 1s just gonna drag that grade down.

How do I stop being so stressed?!
Toastiekid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AS02x)
I know we all did French ages ago but its like always at the back of my mind because I don't think it went well at all! I'm so worried about it like I want at least a 6. The speaking, I messed up on 2 questions and the rest was meh. I thought the listening was hard. The reading was ok but everyone thought it was easy so the grade boundaries will be high. The writing, the questions were good but I haven't done well, like I messed up on forming the 'Je/J'ai' with verbs and I didn't really include loads of tenses. I'm so stressed about it and I just cant forget about it.
My history exam went quite well but I didn't include a conclusion for the 2 16 mark questions and my 4 mark questions were all rushed and there was such little time for paper 1. I think paper 2 went decent but paper 1s just gonna drag that grade down.

How do I stop being so stressed?!
Maybe speak to someone about how you’re feeling? I was feeling pretty awful after history paper 1 but I had a chat with the head of history who made me realise it wasn’t the end of the world or anything:yep:
Just move on. Easier said than done, I know, but just think about these last few exams; you can’t change those past exams by stressing but you can change this one (you’ve still got another history exam to improve with!)
So yeah stay positive and remember that you did your best, when you sat the exam you were probably feeling a bit frazzled and that’s okay, just move on now:hugs:
kate426
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Stop being stressed because u can't go back in time to do anything about .2)you are not the best judge of your results and u can't predict your exact result so stop worrying you might have gotten better results.3)most people who are doing their gsces have the same thoughts as u i do french gsce and im nervous for not only my French results all of them?! So stop worrying and focus on the results u can actually control like the ones u didn't do yet.👉📚📓
sanadtw3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah French was very hard, especially listening paper. Im also predicted 7/8 and a lot of my friends are,but they also found it hard. hopefully grade boundaries will be low though..
hp4300
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What exam board do you have for history?
username3044176
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by hp4300)
What exam board do you have for history?
AQA
HEPTAKE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We ALL failed french. Get over it. My friends and my friends friends who did French said they have failed French too. YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE.

Soo...

grade bounderies will be low

Spoiler:
Show

ExamsAreComing:)
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So many people didn't even bother to open are history exam, many on twitter only answered a couple questions. So don't worry about that one.
Loci Pi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
French went terribly for me too, the only French exam I felt confident on was the writing. Basically nearly my whole class failed the listening exam because we did it in the conference room and the invigilator kept loudly coming in and out and opening and closing the squeaky door really loudly lol. Perhaps that will lower the boundaries haha

The only person in the class who felt confident for French in my class IS French and they speak it at home lolll :laugh:

I don't do History but 2 people in my year forgot to turn up to their History exam :facepalm:

Good luck for the rest of your exams, just remember French isn't too important. There are lots of core subject exams this week so just try to focus on those but I know it's difficult when you're worried about how you did
hp4300
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AS02x)
AQA
I do Edexcel so I can't really help. But be optimistic you probably did better than you think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (6)
54.55%
No I haven't decided yet (3)
27.27%
Yes but I might change my mind (2)
18.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed