Art111111
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is anyone else doing wjec computer science this summer. The exam is in a few days and i'm curious as to how other people are revising since there are so few resources provided by the exam board.
fliky
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yep, to revise I'm mostly going by the textbook but I might look into other examboard's past papers and the "craigndave" youtube channel that a lot people have mentioned in other threads about computer science.

Although looking at last year's paper I don't have much hope especially for comp 1 though the grade boundaries were relatively low compared to other subjects.
OscarLima
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm assuming you're referring to the one sat today? I just know there's a modular Welsh variant of the WJEC Comp A Level so I didn't want to get them confused.

If so, how did everyone find the paper? I thought it was pretty nice apart from the questions on machine code optimisation and the 5 Marker on stacks (what do I write for 5 marks???).

Also, can you confirm if you got "C + NOT(A)" for the boolean algebra question?

To answer your other question, I'm personally doing all the old CG1/CG3 papers from WJEC. The questions are of a similar format but they're 3 hours long each . It is quite annoying how there are so few materials but thats the consequence of it being a new A Level. Everyone else is in the same boat so the grade boundaries should reflect that.

Hope your Paper 2 goes well on Friday (Even though it might raise the grade boundaries ).
morgane4
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by OscarLima)
I'm assuming you're referring to the one sat today? I just know there's a modular Welsh variant of the WJEC Comp A Level so I didn't want to get them confused.

If so, how did everyone find the paper? I thought it was pretty nice apart from the questions on machine code optimisation and the 5 Marker on stacks (what do I write for 5 marks???).

To answer your other question, I'm personally doing all the old CG1/CG3 papers from WJEC. The questions are of a similar format but they're 3 hours long each . It is quite annoying how there are so few materials but thats the consequence of it being a new A Level. Everyone else is in the same boat so the grade boundaries should reflect that.

Hope your Paper 2 goes well on Friday (Even though it might raise the grade boundaries ).
I did the (Welsh) WJEC Unit 3 A Level exam today and it went awful. 6 out of 8 of the marks of the first question not being on the spec summed up the whole exam for me. It's gutting considering how easy last year's paper was.
Art111111
Rep:
?
(Original post by OscarLima)

I got C + NOT A, but a few other people in my class got C.D + NOT A somehow
DrummerNerd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was predicted an A* but as i couldn't answer half the questions I'll be surprised if I get a B. I felt like U3 was the nicer one also. Dreading U4 now...
jake4761
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by morgane4)
I did the (Welsh) WJEC Unit 3 A Level exam today and it went awful. 6 out of 8 of the marks of the first question not being on the spec summed up the whole exam for me. It's gutting considering how easy last year's paper was.
God I thought I was the only one, I was so confused as soon as i read it, asked my teacher and he had no clue either. There go my chances at uni. How did you find the rest of the paper? I didnt really like the last 10 marker
monkey1008
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What was WJEC q1 on?
MarksBen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Art111111)
I got C + NOT A, but a few other people in my class got C.D + NOT A somehow
I also got C + Not A
MarksBen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That paper was as easy as we could of got tbh. The 15 marker was really open for interpretation and the algorithm let us do which ever sort we wanted. The optimisation and stacks were the only real pains in the arse. Let's hope Fridays is as easy :O
morgane4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by monkey1008)
What was WJEC q1 on?
Pre-order, in-order and post-order traversal, never heard of any of them and haven't been taught it.
Taradiddle
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by morgane4)
pre-order, in-order and post-order traversals are on the spec. it's just that the spec isn't that clear. It comes under 'Traversal of data structures: Write and interpret algorithms used in the traversal of data structures', traversal of the tree data structure here.
Art111111
Rep:
?
How did everyone find component 2
SWGabe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Art111111)
How did everyone find component 2
Absolute shocker lol
monkey1008
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Eduqas SWGabe?
Art111111
Rep:
?
How has everyone done on results day?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (100)
59.52%
Yes- I don't like it (9)
5.36%
No- I want it (47)
27.98%
No- I don't want it (12)