The Student Room Group

GCSE Results Day 2018 Thread - JUDGEMENT DAY HAS BEGAN - GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

I don't know if this thread has already been done or whether it's too early for this but this is a thread where we can discuss results day plans and stuff.

Just as an introduction, feel free to post the subjects you have done, the grades you would like, and any results day or summer holiday plans :smile:

Maths - 9
Combined Science - 88 / 89 / 99
English Language - 6
English Literature - 6
Child Development - A*
Computing - 8/9
French - 5
Resistant Materials - B

I have my sixth form induction days at the end of June (2 days). I am studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and Psychology :smile:

I will put a countdown in the title when there are 30 days to go.

People who do qualifications that are equivalent to GCSE can post here too :smile:

Best of luck for any remaining exams :goodluck:

It's GCSE results day in:
[countdown]1534978800000[/countdown]
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

[Edit]

Here's the grades I got along with my predictions from 2 months ago:
Subject - Predicted - Achieved
Maths - 9 / 9
Biology - 9 / 9
Chemistry - 9 / 9
Physics - 9 / 9
Computer Science - 8/9 / 9
Geography - 7/8 / 9
Economics - A / A*
English Lit - 7/8 / 8
English Lang - 7/8 / 9
RE - 5/6 / 7
French - A*

For sixth form, planning to do maths, further maths, biology and chemistry. But might replace further maths by computer science.
(edited 5 years ago)
My (unrealistic) ideal grades:

Maths:6/7
English Lang:9
Lit:8
German:9
Spanish:8
Geography:9
History:7/8
Science:6,7
Drama:7
Reply 3
Original post by estermont
would hope to get 7s in most subjects except re.
Only subjects i want to do well in are the 3 sciences, maths and computer science. There i would hope for 9s.
Have to get 7s in english. Preferably 8s. 9's too high for me.

Geography - maybe a 7, but i did well in the mocks so i guess i'd be expected to do better than that.
Economics - can't see me doing well in this. It's vague. I hope for an a but something tells me i'll get a b.
Religious studies b - appalling. Glad i got it out of the way in the first week. I'll be happy with a 5/6.

And last but not least there's french which i already done 2 years ago, got a*. I'm regretting doing it then. I should've replaced economics by french and get a 9. A 9 looks so much better...

Overall my best scenario goes like this.

Maths - 9
biology - 9
chemistry - 9
physics - 9
french - a*
computer science - 8/9
geography - 7/8
economics - a
english lit - 7/8
english lang - 7/8
re - 5/6
ocr economics?????????????? Also what'd you get in the mocks?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
So what's everyone doing for results day? Any celebrations planned? When I had my year 10 results day last year I went out for dinner with my parents afterwards but idk what I'm going to do this year.
Original post by app_
ocr economics?????????????? Also what'd you get in the mocks?

AQA. This is what I got in my mocks.
English Lit - 7
English Lang - 8
Maths - 9
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
RE - 9
Geography - 9
Computer Science - 9
Economics - A

I was lucky for RE since the teacher was quite generous.

Original post by Loci Pi
So what's everyone doing for results day? Any celebrations planned? When I had my year 10 results day last year I went out for dinner with my parents afterwards but idk what I'm going to do this year.

Haven't planned anything yet, but might go out with my friends.
(edited 5 years ago)
What I think i’ll get:
Drama:7 or 8
DT:A*
Biology:7
Chemistry:7 or 8
French:6 or 5
History:8 or 9
English literature:8 or 9
Religious studies:9
English language:8
Physics:7 or 8
Maths:7
Doing Philosophy and ethics,history & eng lit at a level!
Reply 7
Original post by Estermont
AQA. This is what I got in my mocks.
English Lit - 7
English Lang - 8
Maths - 9
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
RE - 9
Geography - 9
Computer Science - 9
Economics - A

I was lucky for RE since the teacher was quite generous.

Haven't planned anything yet, but might go out with my friends.

I'd go out with friends to celebrate but they've all planned something without me lol. The struggles of being the third wheel, I guess :redface:.

Your mock/predicted grades are excellent by the way. Congratulations :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Loci Pi

gonna have a nice book barbeque consisting of:
chargrilled lord of the flies (kill the book, cut its spine, roast it's pages)
Seared RS revision guides
and a nice slow cooked engineering coursework

oh and burgers :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by ahmettwo
gonna have a nice book barbeque consisting of:
chargrilled lord of the flies (kill the book, cut its spine, roast it's pages)
Seared RS revision guides
and a nice slow cooked engineering coursework

oh and burgers :biggrin:

Sounds like a plan lol. I came up with after my last French exam but it seems fitting now:

Roses are red
French exam tomorrow, I'm gonna smash.
Because the next day, my book is turning to ash. :laugh::lol:

I might try some barbecued RM Folder , I've been looking forward to that since year 9 :biggrin:
(edited 5 years ago)
I do the IGCSEs, and there's not much populated threads about it on here, so maybe I can bob in...?

Predicted grades (currently, based on the exams done and preparations):

English Language B: A*
Bengali: A*
Mathematics B: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
Biology: A*
Further Pure Mathematics: A/A* (I'm predicted an A, but I'm working harder than ever and pushing for an A*)

Holiday plans: Actually I'm gonna start college early, purely because I can't bear the slow-motion days any longer :tongue:

The day before results day plan: Speak to my teachers, mates and parents to let it all out. Also I'm gonna be on TSR, venting out my fear in the all-nighter threads that may be created.

On results day: I'm guessing that my school will give us our results at 11:00 am, like every year. But hey, I don't think I can wait any longer than that if they don't !
Even though I'm a late-riser, I'm pretty sure I'll naturally wake up at around 6:00 am. Then I'll check the grade boundaries to try to predict my grades and freak out !

Best wishes to everybody receiving their results on 23rd August ! We'll survive this stressful experience ! :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Missradioactive
I do the IGCSEs, and there's not much populated threads about it on here, so maybe I can bob in on here...?

Predicted grades (currently, based on the exams done and preparations):

English Language B: A*
Bengali: A*
Mathematics B: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
Biology: A*
Further Pure Mathematics: A/A* (I'm predicted an A, but I'm working harder than ever and pushing for an A*)

Holiday plans: Actually I'm gonna start college early purely because I can't bear the slow-motion days any longer :tongue:

The day before results day plan: Speak to my teachers, mates and parents to it all out. Also in gonna be in TSR venting out my fear in the all-nighter threads that may be created.

On results day: I'm guessing that my school will give us our results at 11:00 am, like every year. But hey, I don't think I can wait any longer than that if they don't !
Even though I'm a late-riser, I'm pretty sure I'll naturally wake up at around 6:00 am ! Then I'll check the grade boundaries to try to predict my grades and freak out !

Best wishes to everybody receiving their results on 23rd August ! We'll survive this stressful experience ! :smile:

Yeah of course you're welcome to use this thread :five: (great predicted grades btw)

For my yr 10 results day I woke up in the middle of the night at 2am and decided to stay up all night on TSR/watching TV. The results day memes were great! The minutes before the boundaries are released are terrifying though!
Idk what I'm gonna do to distract myself once exams have finished, so I'm gonna be spending a lot of time on this thread too :smile:
grades i'd like // grades i got
english lit: 8/9 // 8
english lang: 7 // 8
maths: 7/8 // 8
french: 7 // 6
biology: 7/8 // 6
chemistry: 7/8 // 7
physics: 6 // 6
re: 7 // 9 (wtf)
computer science: 5 // 5
geography: 7/8 // 9 (wtf again)
business: A // A

picked maths, english lit and psychology for sixth form though i'm not firm on all these subjects yet.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Loci Pi
Yeah of course you're welcome to use this thread :five: (great predicted grades btw)

For my yr 10 results day I woke up in the middle of the night at 2am and decided to stay up all night on TSR/watching TV. The results day memes were great! The minutes before the boundaries are released are terrifying though!
Idk what I'm gonna do to distract myself once exams have finished, so I'm gonna be spending a lot of time on this thread too :smile:

Yayyyyy ! The night before results won't be lonely and scary then ! :bumps:
Anyway, how's it actually possible to exactly 'distract' yourself from the results' thoughts ? I wish I knew how :colone:
Oh yeah, must check the Twitter hastags for results day :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by Missradioactive
Yayyyyy ! The night before results won't be lonely and scary then ! :bumps:
Anyway, how's it actually possible to exactly 'distract' yourself from the results' thoughts ? I wish I knew how :colone:
Oh yeah, must check the Twitter hastags for results day :tongue:

Perhaps 'distract' was the wrong word :s-smilie: I bet the Twitter hashtags will be good, especially when people find out the boundaries for the new 9-1 subjects :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by entertainmyfaith
grades i'd like:
english lit: 8/9
english lang: 7
maths: 7/8
french: 7
biology: 7/8
chemistry: 7/8
physics: 6
re: 7
computer science: 5
geography: 7/8
business: A

picked maths, english lit and psychology for sixth form though i'm not firm on all these subjects yet.

I'm doing Maths and Psychology too (hopefully). I am doing Maths and Further Maths (confirmed), but I still need a 6 in English Lit/Lang to do Psychology and Physics :smile:
Don't think I'm going to do as well as I'd hoped due to lack of revision but thats my own fault for losing focus. I'll update in August!
Grades i got in mock vs what I think i'll get.. WHAT

Maths- 9 /8 GOT 9
English Lit-8/7 GOT 8
English Lang-8/7 GOT 7
Biology-9/8 GOT 7
Chemistry-9/9 GOT 8
Physics- 9/9 GOT 9
French- 5/6 GOT 7
Geography- 7/8 GOT 6
Computer Science- 8/6 GOT 7
Psychology- A*/ A GOT A

RESULTS DAY- I'm really happy with my comp sci and french results; thought i would get 5 and 6.However I'm really not impressed with geography. Really disappointed i got a 6... I'm also disappointed i got a 8 for chemistry and a 7 in biology. Im jsut glad its over!

EDIT- For Sixth Form I'll hopefully be studying Maths, Further Maths, Chemsitry and Physics
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm in year 10 so I'm taking 4 subjects this year. Here's the grades that I want.

Combined Science: 5,6

Maths: 7

English Language: 8
Original post by Loci Pi
Perhaps 'distract' was the wrong word :s-smilie: I bet the Twitter hashtags will be good, especially when people find out the boundaries for the new 9-1 subjects :smile:
haha results day feels like it's millions of years away :moon:
I don't even know how I'm gonna wait till August. Our maths exams have been a disaster, and my A* in that is now literally riding on the grade boundaries :s-smilie:
What's your plan ? :smile:
Reply 19
English Language - 6
English Literature - 5
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
Geography - 7
Computer Science - 7