White Privilege Tax (a fiscal model for reparations)

Watch
Bisping
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
This is just a suggestion for people to debate. This is what I am theoretically proposing:

A new income tax band will be introduced for white people. It will be an additional 15% on income above the personal allowance of £11,850. So if your income is currently £30k, you currently pay 20% on income above £11,850 but in the new system you will pay 35%. If your income is £50k, you currently pay 20% on income between £11850 and £46350 and 40% on income above £46350 - in my system you pay 35% between £11850-£46350 and 55% on income above £46350. This is collected in addition to NI which is 12% on income above £8424. So a basic rate tax payer (income below £46350) pays a total of 47% on any additional income they earn and a higher rate tax payer pays a total of 67% on additional income including NI.

I estimate this will generate an additional £90-120 billion per year. This money could be used for schemes such as free scholarships for BAME students, tolerance/diversity camps for privileged people to attend and direct reparations.

Building on this system, we could also introduce a Male Privilege Tax where white men would be charged an additional levy of 25% on top of the White Privilege levy which could be used for direct payments to women to bridge the gender pay gap.
Shashyboi
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Not sure if you’re a troll

We’re living in the uk mate a country which was built by white people. You’re going to ask people who’s race built the goddamn country to support people who came here for help from other countries? Are you mad?
The gender pay gap is bs and unless you’re ready to pay potentially 65% of your income if you were a white male high income earner then don’t expect anyone else to pay that much. You’re actually crazy and yes I am resulting to ad hom because this is the most absurd **** I’ve seen in my life. Go and work and pay that much taxes for your labor and see how you feel. The tax system is high enough as it is and is unfair on people earning higher incomes anyways, and leftist ***** like you try to make it worse.
I will literally cry if you are not a troll.
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bisping)
This is just a suggestion for people to debate. This is what I am theoretically proposing:

A new income tax band will be introduced for white people. It will be an additional 15% on income above the personal allowance of £11,850. So if your income is currently £30k, you currently pay 20% on income above £11,850 but in the new system you will pay 35%. If your income is £50k, you currently pay 20% on income between £11850 and £46350 and 40% on income above £46350 - in my system you pay 35% between £11850-£46350 and 55% on income above £46350. This is collected in addition to NI which is 12% on income above £8424. So a basic rate tax payer (income below £46350) pays a total of 47% on any additional income they earn and a higher rate tax payer pays a total of 67% on additional income including NI.

I estimate this will generate an additional £90-120 billion per year. This money could be used for schemes such as free scholarships for BAME students, tolerance/diversity camps for privileged people to attend and direct reparations.

Building on this system, we could also introduce a Male Privilege Tax where white men would be charged an additional levy of 25% on top of the White Privilege levy which could be used for direct payments to women to bridge the gender pay gap.
This really wouldn't work. Working class white males are the worst performing group in the British education system, with East and South Asians being the best. We need more help getting white working class males a good education. They're the ones who need the most help.

Having such high tax rates would also cause large numbers of high earners to flee to places with more agreeable tax rates, meaning you'd lose out on this "funding"
DepIorable
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Race hustler
LibertarianMP
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
How about the fact that white working class people are most disadvantaged be acknowledged and they receive reparations? Thought not.

Don't like the UK and its history you can always leave. I would never get away with moving to Tokyo and saying Japanese owe Brits reparations for their backwards actions in WW2.
Shashyboi
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LibertarianMP)
How about the fact that white working class people are most disadvantaged be acknowledged and they receive reparations? Thought not.

Don't like the UK and its history you can always leave. I would never get away with moving to Tokyo and saying Japanese owe Brits reparations for their backwards actions in WW2.
Hah true
Jono*
Rep:
Report 3 years ago

Trolling or disabled?
BitMel
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
This is defiantly a joke right.
BritishJew
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago

I propose we introduce a child tax.

For each child you have your tax free allowance decreases by £2000. So If you have 6 children, you won't get any "tax free allowance" at all.

Or you add 2% to your normal tax rate, so a 20% rate payer will pay 32% if they have six children. We could call it the "overpopulation tax". Sort of like the one child policy in China, but not quite as harsh as that.

Because hard working responsible people have to pay to send each of these brats to school, and they will all breed and have 6 children each. And all need NHS care, and expect to go to college for free, and their parents take maternity or paternity leave six times.

As an aside... I believe the birth rate is much lower among white people in this country.
BritishJew
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BitMel)
This is defiantly a joke right.
Labour Party is full of people who believe this type of stuff now.
MunchyBanana
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=Bisping;78206260]This is just a suggestion for

Your aim is to make society more equal by treating people unequally. Hmmmmm..... 🤔🤔🤔
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
we better get that white tax in while we can because apparently there is 'white genocide' in this country. lol
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago

This sounds good.

1. If your numbers are accurate, and the revenue is sustainable (i.e. white men don't leave the country, or the government doesn't fall) then we're looking a university-age BAME population of around 400,000. If we're generous and allow each of them a £50,000 per year scholarship, then this would cost around £20bn.

2. If we allow for £15bn for diversity camps -that would maybe be enough to fund 15,000 of them across the country at £1m each.

3. Taking the upper estimate of revenue at £120bn, this would leave £85bn for direct reparations to all BAME people - a premium of just over £21,000 per year each (presumably tax free).

4. Unfortunately I estimate that the White Male Privilege Tax would only yield a paltry additional £25bn. When Distributed, amongst an estimated 21m working age women, this would only provide an additional £1200 each. This is not enough to close the gender pay gap.

5. I believe your plan does not go far enough. The BAME budget would only be about that of the NHS budget, and the reparations budget only the same as the State Education budget*.

6. In order to work effectively for women at the median income I believe you would need £2000 each, or an additional £800 per woman. This would bring close the average gender pay gap.

7. However, I do not believe even this goes far enough. Take the extreme examples - airlines have very large gender pay gaps - where men are overwhelmingly engineers and pilots and women overwhelmingly cabin crew and administrators. In order to eradicate the gender pay gap so that female cleaners are paid as much as male aeronautical engineers, I believe that the simplest solution is to implement communism - although this would adversely affect the premium earnings for BAME people.

8. One option would be a "BAME achievement celebration programme" where the nation celebrates high achieving ethnicities like Chinese or Indian people who are already higher earners on average. The best way to do this would be to publicly pay tribute to them, and to remove all their premiums and tax them at the same rates as white people and give their share to lower achieving BAME groups.

*This would imply that we are only spending an additional amount on BAME people equivalent to the GDP of Kuwait.
username2703735
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
This is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I have actually read all year... I can't even tell if you're just joking or serious.
If you consider that working class white males have a lower chance of attending university than any ethnic minority group then taxing them for working through the social discrimination and attaining a higher paid job is truly disgraceful.

There was a story reported over the past few weeks about black people being 21x more likely to have their university applications investigated than any other group - despite at the stage an investigation is began all individual information about the applicant remaining hidden. And UCAS' response to this was to consult with minority groups on how to avoid this...

In otherwords they intend to lower standards so as not to appear racist. We should be building people up to create higher standards, become the academically respected nation we could be, but instead at risk of offending people instead of focussing on improving applications we just drop the standard so we don't hurt anyones feelings. Truly ridiculous.
Trinculo
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by VMD100)
There was a story reported over the past few weeks about black people being 21x more likely to have their university applications investigated than any other group - despite at the stage an investigation is began all individual information about the applicant remaining hidden. And UCAS' response to this was to consult with minority groups on how to avoid this...
In that case, ethnicity data is not available to UCAS screening procedures, and the fraud-detection takes place automatically via software (a bit like Turnitin).

This leads me to the only possible conclusion. The fault must lie with the algorithms.

Ergo, mathematics and by extension axioms of all existence in the Universe are racist. There are probably small planetoids in the Crab Nebula, 2000 parsecs from earth - where there is life made up of huge fields of floating silicon-based semi-intelligent moss.

What the UCAS case tells us is that on this planetoid, there must also be racism. The floating, silicon-based semi-intelligent moss would institutionally oppress black people in the UK.
username917703
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
This **** needs to stop.
ohdearstudying
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
not a bad idea.

what about a "rich priviledge" tax
Trinculo
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
This **** needs to stop.
Unfortunately, there is an inherent flaw in this glorious plan.

Such a policy would likely only ever be implemented by a Momentum Labour or Green government.

Such parties are also committed to gender self-identification without the need for Gender Recognition Certification. Labour has also supported ethnic self-identification for years.

All that is necessary would be for white men to say they are neither white, nor men, and they would not be subject to the tax.
username917703
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Trinculo)
Unfortunately, there is an inherent flaw in this glorious plan.

Such a policy would likely only ever be implemented by a Momentum Labour or Green government.

Such parties are also committed to gender self-identification without the need for Gender Recognition Certification. Labour has also supported ethnic self-identification for years.

All that is necessary would be for white men to say they are neither white, nor men, and they would not be subject to the tax.
BitMel
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BritishJew)
Labour Party is full of people who believe this type of stuff now.
i think it's mostly just Americas tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.92%
October 2021 (232)
44.62%
November 2021 (63)
12.12%
December 2021 (66)
12.69%
January 2021 (64)
12.31%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.27%