how much maths/chemistry is in a biomedical science degree?

Watch
francessca10001
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i am not good at math/chemistry and i dont enjoy it

but im good in human biology and i like it, but i do struggle with the maths aspect

i have an offer of CCC for the science foundation year
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by francessca10001)

but im good in human biology and i like it, but i do struggle with the maths aspect

Biomedical Sciences will have Biophysics, Biochemistry and Maths in it. It's essentially a degree covering various branches of medical science from a biological perspective, which will involve all 3 sciences and maths.

Why not just do a Biology degree and pick medical focused modules?
francessca10001
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Kyber Ninja)
Biomedical Sciences will have Biophysics, Biochemistry and Maths in it. It's essentially a degree covering various branches of medical science from a biological perspective, which will involve all 3 sciences and maths.

Why not just do a Biology degree and pick medical focused modules?

who told u?

i went on queen mary biomedical science degree and i did not see any biophysics in the modules
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
who told u?

i went on queen mary biomedical science degree and i did not see any biophysics in the modules
Physics content varies between universities, though if QM doesn't insist on Maths A Level or prefers applicants with it like say UCL does, then the physics content might be minimal
arigziegler
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
who told u?

I went to QM. There's a teeny tiny bit of biophysics in first year but it's not significant at all. There's also a maths module in first year and a biochemistry module in all 3 years.
Carlos87
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

I have a learning disability that means I struggle with mathematics. I’m on track for a first class honours. It’s not as bad as you think. It’s mainly algebra.
roxy47777
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am good in human biology and i like it, but i do struggle with the maths aspect
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey I wondered if you have any advice... im thinking of doing a biomedicine degree, but my maths is not great, I can barely understand calculus and I would say that is my top level, do you think I would be okay? All the other stuff im good with stats, algebra, trig etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (147)
42%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (53)
15.14%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (142)
40.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
2.29%

Watched Threads