The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Qxeen36
Why does everyone have so much hate for brummie accents. Uno like I’m from london and I don’t like the sound of them but like why do bare people full on hate about it?

No idea.

My uni tutor was from Birmingham, was a decent guy.
I don’t hate the brummie accent.
maybe it’s to do with the fact it’s quite thick and guttural?
I love brummie accents I have family who used to live up there and we used to go visit for 2 weeks every summer so whenever I hear a brummie accent takes me right back 😊
5FACDD0A-15C3-4BBB-B632-9B19D24068E8.png
because its one ugly accent. you just automatically sound thick if you have a Brummie accent
but what about peaky blinders
Im from birmingham and people tell me i dont have an accent lol
Reply 8
Original post by ShishaSmoker

Looool that's just ********
Original post by ShishaSmoker

I take it you don't have a Brummie accent and you have Chlamydia? :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by UWS
No idea.

My uni tutor was from Birmingham, was a decent guy.

His accent was probs not decent
Reply 11
Depending on where a person lives in Birmingham, and the type of upbringing they had, influences the accent they have. Some are mild, and others are very thick. Areas like Smethwick, Winson Green and Alum Rock have very thick accents, unlike Sutton Coldfield which is a more affluent area and people are generally well spoken there as well as having mild brummie accents.
I have lived in Birmingham for a few years now, and I must say I have become familiar with the accent and it does not bother me as much as it once used to. Although, I am looking to relocate very soon! (May or may not be due to the accents).
Reply 12
Doesn't bother me at all.
I find it an unattractive accent in a girl for some reason, other than that I'm indifferent.
Original post by ThePricklyOne
I take it you don't have a Brummie accent and you have Chlamydia? :biggrin:

Damn i’ve been found out 😂
Original post by Qxeen36
Why does everyone have so much hate for brummie accents. Uno like I’m from london and I don’t like the sound of them but like why do bare people full on hate about it?

Birmingham accents are annoying most are racist and chavvy.
Reply 16
Original post by Qxeen36

do you talk to a lot of bare people?

Latest