AQA A-level history 2N (Revolution and dictatorship: Russia 1917-1953) 13/06/18

Watch
Gaabbii
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey! Created this discussion for people who are doing this option next week!
J500
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone got any predictions? Something on terror possibly?
Gaabbii
Rep:
?
(Original post by J500)
Anyone got any predictions? Something on terror possibly?
Obviously we can expect anything, but I would say that the terror is likely to come up, because it didn't last year and it's such a big topic.
I think that maybe WW2 is likely to come up as well?
Obviously this is not certain, but my speculations revolve around these topics so far.
Gaabbii
Rep:
?
I also think that the civil war may come up.
jdjz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah the examiners report said that people did badly on society and culture last year, so expect that type of thing to come up. eg: terror, high Stalinism, social impact of the great economic changes of the 1930s, etc.
jdjz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
any got any idea what sources might be? they were so specific last year I am ******** it
lowza
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've been revising social changes and terror so much - I really hope that comes up but I have a feeling society won't because it was on last years and the spec paper. I'm pretty sure the Civil War is gonna (which I am not good at so I hope not lmao), probably either 1 or both of the 1917 revolutions and I'm hoping for foreign policy or The Great Patriotic War as well.
lowza
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jdjz)
any got any idea what sources might be? they were so specific last year I am ******** it
Yeah, that really worries me actually because they were incredibly specific. I really have no idea, but hopefully something broader.
J500
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Collectivisation has never come up I'm pretty sure so that could be a possibility
rebebeb
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My russia teacher was awful, I feel like I know nothing. I have in depth notes thanks to my own dedication but I still feel really unprepreared, any tips, help, anything in general because I litterly feel screwed
lowza
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rebebeb)
My russia teacher was awful, I feel like I know nothing. I have in depth notes thanks to my own dedication but I still feel really unprepreared, any times, help, anythig in general because I litterly feel screwed
Do you have the textbook? My best advice is to go through it and summarise it. I have managed to get it all on 18 sides - both posters and mind maps. Then, for specific knowledge like dates and statistics, I make quizlets which are super useful.

The day of the exam or the night before, go through the textbook and/or past papers and make mini plans for all of the essays just to check whether you'd be able to answer everything that could come up. If you feel less sure, maybe do this a little earlier so you have time to learn stuff if you realise you wouldn't be able to answer it.

These are the headings I have put everything in if this helps as a starting point:
  1. Before the February Revolution
  2. Dual Power
  3. The November Revolution
  4. Bolshevik Consolidation
  5. The Civil War
  6. Economic & Social Developments (State Capitalism, War Communism & The NEP)
  7. Foreign Policy up until 1924
  8. The Power Struggle
  9. The Great Turn (Collectivisation and the first three five year plans)
  10. Stalin's Government
  11. Living Conditions under Stalin
  12. Culture, Religion & The Stalinist Cult (including society ie. church & young people)
  13. State Terror
  14. International Relations until 1941
  15. The Great Patriotic War & its Consequences
  16. High Stalinism
  17. International Position & Conflict with the West
  18. Stalin's Death and Legacy

Hope this helps X
rebebeb
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lowza)
Do you have the textbook? My best advice is to go through it and summarise it. I have managed to get it all on 18 sides - both posters and mind maps. Then, for specific knowledge like dates and statistics, I make quizlets which are super useful.

The day of the exam or the night before, go through the textbook and/or past papers and make mini plans for all of the essays just to check whether you'd be able to answer everything that could come up. If you feel less sure, maybe do this a little earlier so you have time to learn stuff if you realise you wouldn't be able to answer it.

These are the headings I have put everything in if this helps as a starting point:
  2. Dual Power
  5. The Civil War
  8. The Power Struggle
  10. Stalin's Government
  12. Culture, Religion & The Stalinist Cult (including society ie. church & young people)
  13. State Terror
  16. High Stalinism

Hope this helps X
Thank you so much, I have very detailed notes from several textbooks, essay plans and a timeline of every event but I just feel due to the poor quality of teaching (I litterally wasn't taught about the final part of Russia because it came up last year) that I'm behind/ at a disadvantage, this has put it all into a better perspective and order so thank you!
jdjz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lowza)

2. Dual Power
  5. The Civil War
  8. The Power Struggle
  10. Stalin's Government
  13. State Terror
  16. High Stalinism

Hope this helps X
Hey could you send me those quizlets? would be pretty useful
lowza
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jdjz)
Hey could you send me those quizlets? would be pretty useful
Yeah sure - I've still got one more to do so I'll post the link tomorrow.
jdjz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lowza)
Yeah sure - I've still got one more to do so I'll post the link tomorrow.
Yo wheres it at
lowza
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jdjz)
Yo wheres it at
https://quizlet.com/lowri_spear/folders/history-russia

you're welcome - this is my whole folder. the ones that are mine have my username (lowri_spear) on them

i hope they're helpful
jdjz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone got any tips for the source question? my teachers is rubbish so I dont't fully understand what we need to include/how to structure my answers
yashx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lowza)
Yeah, that really worries me actually because they were incredibly specific. I really have no idea, but hopefully something broader.
does anyone think an economy question like last years will come up?? a comparison ??
jdjz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by yashx)
does anyone think an economy question like last years will come up?? a comparison ??
I'm not sure how a comparison economy one will come up, apart from war communism and collectivisation? But that doesn't really work. More likely for a comparison is terror under Lenin to terror under Stalin I reckon.
lowza
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How did people find it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (4)
66.67%
No (1)
16.67%
Not sure (1)
16.67%

Watched Threads