The Student Room Group

Results

Are 4 a*, 2a, 2b,4c bad???

Basically I did no revision for May of my subjects for my GCSEs cuz of my mental health and it was stupid of me but oh well

But I think I’ll be able to get those - are hey bad? I want to study medicine . I was predicted all 9s but I got stressed
Reply 1
Original post by Lifeisded

Basically I did no revision for May of my subjects for my GCSEs cuz of my mental health and it was stupid of me but oh well

But I think I’ll be able to get those - are hey bad? I want to study medicine . I was predicted all 9s but I got stressed

Can u mark my essay for poetry
Prediction change in uear 11?
Reply 2
no, those results are amazing, you can still do medicine, it just depends on your a level results now
These results are very bad. You want me to link you to the McDonald’s recruitment page?
Reply 4
Original post by ShishaSmoker
These results are very bad. You want me to link you to the McDonald’s recruitment page?

Wait really? I knew I should’ve revised
Reply 5
Imagine I could’ve gotten my nines if I revised before the exam I had a panic attack so I kinda just winged it

Just kidding, much better than what I achieved.

brilliant. some people get 10 ds
Reply 8
Wait you took your gcses this year? How do you know what you got?
Reply 9
Original post by noorh
Wait you took your gcses this year? How do you know what you got?

I don’t I’m predicting them ..I’d most probably get these...
depends what those a*s are. if those Cs are maths and english would still be decent but not as great as the a*s.
Reply 11
Original post by Saif Saleemi
depends what those a*s are. if those Cs are maths and english would still be decent but not as great as the a*s.

The a* are maths and science and the C and B are the other two englishes (I messed up big time )
Reply 12

Oh right, you’re doing the 9-1 new gcses then?

U never know. You might do better than expected.

If you do get the results that you've mentioned, you still have a great chance of getting into med school (Assuming that your A*s/As are in the sciences, maths and english)
you should be good then. if you get them grades..
Reply 15
Original post by TomTomSatNavv
U never know. You might do better than expected.

If you do get the results that you've mentioned, you still have a great chance of getting into med school (Assuming that your A*s/As are in the sciences, maths and english)

They’re in maths and science but not English language , that would be a 6
They’re in maths and science but not English language , that would be a 6

Yh. You can still get into most med schools with a 6 in english.

eg) UCL
'GCSE Requirements
All UK candidates, or those who have received their secondary education in the UK, must offer GCSE (or IGCSE, O-level, IB or EB equivalent) at grade B or above in both English Language and Mathematics. For candidates taking the new style of GCSEs with numerical outcomes rather than letter grades, the requirement is for a score of 6 in both English Language and Mathematics.'
Reply 17
Original post by TomTomSatNavv
Yh. You can still get into most med schools with a 6 in english.

eg) UCL
'GCSE Requirements
All UK candidates, or those who have received their secondary education in the UK, must offer GCSE (or IGCSE, O-level, IB or EB equivalent) at grade B or above in both English Language and Mathematics. For candidates taking the new style of GCSEs with numerical outcomes rather than letter grades, the requirement is for a score of 6 in both English Language and Mathematics.'

Ok I’m just kinda scared if I don’t get the 6 because I rushed through it
Reply 18
Original post by Saif Saleemi
you should be good then. if you get them grades..

Wilsons?

Those results are really good, you can still do medicine, I'm sure of it!!

Quick Reply

Latest