(A2 AQA) Why are Medical Physics grade boundaries so low?

Watch
George010400
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm on the two year A2 Linear course for Physics with AQA. Paper 1 and 2 have gone alright so far. Got Paper 3 on practical skills and optional topic (medical physics) next thursday.

In every single past paper, medical physics seems to have the lowest grade boundaries.

This is quite suprising as most of the content seems like you just have to recall it. Does anybody know why this is the case? It's one of the least popular options by the sounds of things so I would have thought only people interested in medicine would do it - so surely they would hike the boundaries up?
lmaololoaml
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
medical physics specifically or paper 3 has low grade boundaries? because i know the practical part has super low grade boundaries
George010400
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by lanamoroney)
medical physics specifically or paper 3 has low grade boundaries? because i know the practical part has super low grade boundaries
The grade boundaries that AQA release show the overall raw mark for each grade for each optional unit separately. Basically, you can tell that the medical physics unit specifically is at least 5 marks lower for each boundary that the other options - and it's only out of 40 I believe.
lmaololoaml
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ahh well i imagine most student find it a lot harder (i know for astrophysics the grade boundaries are quite high because its memorising)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (42)
35.9%
No (61)
52.14%
I don't know (14)
11.97%

Watched Threads