Is anyone going to their prom? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My decision whether to go to prom or not is completely in the air. I do understand why people want to go but I don't want my parents to spend a lot of their holiday savings on the tickets, dress, hair, makeup, tan ect and they both don't really like the idea of prom anyways therefore it puts me off going due to me not wanting to disappoint them with my decision. But at the same time; I don't want to let down my friends/teachers by not going as it'll be the last time I'll see a lot of my teachers and others from my year. In regards to there being an after party, I'm not really allowed to go to and they're extremely protective over me. So, I have no idea at all & was wondering if others weren't going to their prom so I wouldn't feel as bad.
Jenjenss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Half the people I know that are going to prom have told me they weren’t going prom at some point. Don’t worry about not going but you should at least try to convince your parents to go after party because that’s the actual fun bit where you can see all your friends. The only thing you’ll miss at prom is your teachers bopping to trash music
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
howtochangename
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jenjenss)
Half the people I know that are going to prom have told me they weren’t going prom at some point. Don’t worry about not going but you should at least try to convince your parents to go after party because that’s the actual fun bit where you can see all your friends. The only thing you’ll miss at prom is your teachers bopping to trash music
What's the afterparty
Jenjenss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[QUOTE=howtochangename;78217118]What's the afterparty[/QUOTE
(Original post by howtochangename)
What's the afterparty
I’m not sure if all schools have it but it’s basically a party set up by your classmates where the whole years invited but you can bring alcohol not like prom. It usually starts after prom finishes.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
OJ Emporium
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go to it man trust me you'll love it

Or do you want to end up regretting it within a year time?
kate426
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No most ppl in my school are not going they think it will be crap but if u think that u will regret this later then u should go
troubletracking
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It might be the last time you ever see all your classmates/friends together, so I think it'd be pretty worth it to go. Although I'm not particularly looking forward to it myself just because it's really not my thing (even though I've been persuaded to come), I know I'll have a good time. It's your night though, so if you don't want to go (never mind your parents and friends, think of yourself), you don't have to. I didn't want to go because I don't really like parties, but i'm glad i've been persuaded to go because I'd never have gone if I wasn't
GenericName101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm not going to my prom because mines gonna be terrible. They are doing random alchohol and breathalizer checks so theres no chance of getting wasted, and all of our song recommendation were dumped because they have a zero tolerance on swearing, its gonna be like a 6 year olds birthday party. I'm going to an after party though to get absolutely smashed and have a good time, which it how ending the year should be celebrated.
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i'm not getting my make up or hair done for prom:lol: maybe you could do some of the prom prep yourself to save money?
theggbydealy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've already paid for my ticket so I might as well go, and as for all the prom dresses, nails and hair is concerned, I don't believe you have to spend insane amounts of money to look great at all. A lot of it you can do yourself (nails/hair) and then just buy a fancy dress off Pretty Little Thing/River Island or some other store. Swear I haven't paid above $40 quid for mine, shoes included. And for makeup, ask someone to do it (a good friend/family member) or learn to do it yourself. There are legitimately MILLIONS of videos on YouTube instructing you on how to do it.

Also afterparty as people have been saying - but if you can't go have a good time at prom, dance and have a whine with friends and eat the food.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (22)
25.29%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (25)
28.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (19)
21.84%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (7)
8.05%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (14)
16.09%

Watched Threads