raven48
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
When answering questions when evaluating statements how can I make them effective in terms of writing style and answering the question properly?
Alan88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I’ve just finished the first year of a part-time MSc and I took a Criminal Psychology module and despite the fact I’ve never done anything Psychology related before I got 78%.

In order to give specific advice, it will depend on what area of psychology you are looking at but also what your question is. Generally, you should:

Have a clear introduction that outlines what your essay is going to address.

Discuss areas of your topic, but try not to be too descriptive.

Try and link in aspects of theory.

Don’t immediately take things as being fact. When you are looking at studies, look at other relevant research and see if it undermines it. Think about the potential limitations of studies, what was the sample, how were they selected, how many people were used, etc.

If you provide some more information, I’ll be able to try and give more specific advice.
raven48
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Alan88)
I’ve just finished the first year of a part-time MSc and I took a Criminal Psychology module and despite the fact I’ve never done anything Psychology related before I got 78%.

In order to give specific advice, it will depend on what area of psychology you are looking at but also what your question is. Generally, you should:

Have a clear introduction that outlines what your essay is going to address.

Discuss areas of your topic, but try not to be too descriptive.

Try and link in aspects of theory.

Don’t immediately take things as being fact. When you are looking at studies, look at other relevant research and see if it undermines it. Think about the potential limitations of studies, what was the sample, how were they selected, how many people were used, etc.

If you provide some more information, I’ll be able to try and give more specific advice.
Hi there!
My essays are on the topic of evaluating Allport's (1924) statement that "There is no psychology of groups which is not essentially and
entirely a psychology of individuals"
To answer this question I need to demonstrate an awareness of the levels of research in social psychological phenomena by evaluating theory and research within a specific social psychological topic. I have decided on either leadership or aggression.

The next essay topic is theory of mind;
False belief understanding was long thought to develop only around 4-5 years. Describe and discuss how the introduction of new measurement techniques changed this way of thinking and how this affected social cognitive theories in this field.
In this essay I must critically evaluate the evidence that supports, expands, or rejects the original claims that false belief development occurs around 4 to 5 years of age. In doing so I must again demonstrate an awareness of the levels of research used to explain developmental psychological phenomena by evaluating theory and research within a specific developmental topic.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.28%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.56%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.57%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.33%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.56%
I think it's an unfair expectation (59)
27.31%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.39%

Watched Threads