The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Biology Paper 2 - 11th June 2018 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zaman27
It won't be anything higher than 135 because January papers are for the people who want to resit the exam, so obviously they are much more prepared for it. Also, if I am wrong, how come all other June papers have been in the range of 120-135?

Ah I checked...thank god..
Original post by schkolade
what did you guys put for the last question?

The hairs stand on end/constrict to trap a layer of insulating air to maintain warmth in cold conditions. The blood vessels don't stay close to the skin which stops blood flowing close to the surface and prevents heat transfer to the surroundings which is known as vasoconstriction.
Original post by Zaman27
It won't be anything higher than 135 because January papers are for the people who want to resit the exam, so obviously they are much more prepared for it. Also, if I am wrong, how come all other June papers have been in the range of 120-135?

Oh that makes so much more sense... I thought that January people were either really smart or the test was easy xD
i said the Great Tit
Original post by Kaun_Myat
For 2BR. What bird is the least likely to survive?

I said the Great Tit
Original post by sharika1212
I said the Great Tit

Lol that’s a funny name
Reply 66
Biology went well for me but I was annoyed that they didn't put any of the cycles (carbon, nitrogen or water) and they didn't put either the heart or eye on it.
Hey I'm also done with paper 2 today... How was ur exam
Original post by sharika1212
Tomorrow's Biology paper ... anything to be clear about or any thoughts !?

Hey how was ur exam?
Do u remember the question?
Wanna share?
Hi guys ! for the question on another way to measure light intensity on carbon dioxide. how many marks do you think i would get if I put use lime water in a test tube so gas bubbles through and it will go cloudy if carbon dioxide is released. put 1 test tube with a leaf in a dark room and 1 in a light room and 1 with just carbon dioxide for a control test. repeat 3x for reliability. use tongs and google for safety.

i think i got it wrong but would i get any marks out of 4 for this? please reply quickly thank youu
Original post by Bluewhale_16
Hi guys ! for the question on another way to measure light intensity on carbon dioxide. how many marks do you think i would get if I put use lime water in a test tube so gas bubbles through and it will go cloudy if carbon dioxide is released. put 1 test tube with a leaf in a dark room and 1 in a light room and 1 with just carbon dioxide for a control test. repeat 3x for reliability. use tongs and google for safety.

i think i got it wrong but would i get any marks out of 4 for this? please reply quickly thank youu

ummmm wasnt the experiment meant to be light intensity on photosynthesis not CO2?

As per my understanding you had to do the starch test.
I believe you get marks for: 1) Boiling in ethanol 2) Specific time period left to photosynthesise (i.e. 24hrs) 3) Iodine Solution 4) Blue-black
Original post by akramsid
ummmm wasnt the experiment meant to be light intensity on photosynthesis not CO2?

As per my understanding you had to do the starch test.
I believe you get marks for: 1) Boiling in ethanol 2) Specific time period left to photosynthesise (i.e. 24hrs) 3) Iodine Solution 4) Blue-

black

Would I still get a mark or two for putting safety precautions and saying I would repeat the experiment and putting a Time limit?
Reply 72
Original post by Bluewhale_16
Would I still get a mark or two for putting safety precautions and saying I would repeat the experiment and putting a Time limit?

By finding the CO2 levels, don't you find how light affects photosynthesis still e.g. low CO2 levels in high light intensity means photosynthesis is greater?
Original post by Zaman27
By finding the CO2 levels, don't you find how light affects photosynthesis still e.g. low CO2 levels in high light intensity means photosynthesis is greater?

Original post by Zaman27

Yes I agree ... that’s what I was thinking when I was writing my answer down aswell as not knowing the actual experiment well enough .... I thought about the starch experiment but by then we only had like a minute left so it was too late :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending