zyggibay
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello

So basically when I was applying for Student Finance England earlier this year, I accidentally put my mother as divorced than single. I called up Student Finance who said that I need to send evidence proving that she is single, such as a tax bill or utility bill that she gets 25% off. However, there are three people that are registered in my house who are all adults so my mum does not get any single discount.

The most evidence that I managed to gather are:
- Yorkshire Water Utility Bill
- Council Tax Adjustment
- Rent Statement (It states my mothers name as the only tenant, this statement was due 18/05/2018)
- Tenants service charge certificate 2016/2017 (it states my mothers name as the only tenant, this statement was due 09/02/2018)
- Tv Licence Bill

My mother does not have another utility bills as we do not own a landline, our gas and electricity has a meter which is used by topping up whenever it runs out. The only letter I could find relating electricity is a welcome letter due to the fact that my mum joined them, this letter is dated 02/04/2012.

Can someone please advice me what to do? I am really nervous that I will not be able to go to university.
Grant SFE
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there,

The evidence that you have gathered seems like it will be more than enough. as long as the evidence is update to date this should be more than enough!

Kind Regards
Grant
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
27.76%
No - I have already returned home (30)
11.41%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.53%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.65%
No - I live at home during term anyway (78)
29.66%

Watched Threads