(Original post by the bear)
ariana is a vegan brexiteer who is studying the Quran
ah i think she’s vegan so you got one correct
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by StupendousConfectionery)
ah i think she’s vegan so you got one correct
that is why she is so short ? if she ate properly she would grow another 8"

:emo:
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
that is why she is so short ? if she ate properly she would grow another 8"

:emo:
bye
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
bye
just wondering, are you called tupendousConfectionery ?

Name:  tupend.png
Views: 19
Size:  20.4 KB
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
just wondering, are you called tupendousConfectionery ?

Name:  tupend.png
Views: 19
Size:  20.4 KB
STUPENDOUS luv. are you called the beer?
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
STUPENDOUS luv. are you called the beer?
so why are you called tupendousConfectionery on your picture thingy ? so confusing matey.
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
so why are you called tupendousConfectionery on your picture thingy ? so confusing matey.
Name:  055709B5-4B7C-48B3-B14D-4BD6E554C8BB.png
Views: 15
Size:  278.5 KB
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
is tupendous even a word ?

username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
is tupendous even a word ?

uh yes

Name:  9C772933-98C5-493F-B7B3-4A874D7F0741.jpeg
Views: 18
Size:  73.9 KB
Matstu77
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Of course not. We have no right to take an animals life simply to satisfy our greedy human needs.
alevels2020
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Circle of life - when we die we become part of the soil which allows plants to grow (paraphrased original quote by Mufasa from the Lion King)
Matstu77
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Alevels2020, the circle of life is irrelevant. Circle of life doesn’t involve factory farming, mass exploration of animals for human gain and keeping animals in cages that small they can’t turn around
17t.martin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Even the animals we eat are eating other animals to survive. It’s all the food web. The animals we eat (eg fish) don’t feel bad about eating other fish.
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I recently watched this guy make a vid about being a vegan and he brought up some valid points.
Are your tastebuds worth more than an animals life?
Was the question I was left with, now i'm reconsidering :/
Yes they are
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
uh yes

Name:  9C772933-98C5-493F-B7B3-4A874D7F0741.jpeg
Views: 18
Size:  73.9 KB
Mate you just covered the ‘s’, it even says stupendous in an example
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Matstu77)
Of course not. We have no right to take an animals life simply to satisfy our greedy human needs.
Do animals have a soul? We have authority over them because they are just animals, by saying this you then bring up the point an animals life is just as valuable as a humans life
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 17t.martin)
Even the animals we eat are eating other animals to survive. It’s all the food web. The animals we eat (eg fish) don’t feel bad about eating other fish.
That’s because they don’t have conscious thinking, it’s what sets humans apart from the animal world
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I recently watched this guy make a vid about being a vegan and he brought up some valid points.
Are your tastebuds worth more than an animals life?
Was the question I was left with, now i'm reconsidering :/
Your anonymous as well which says a lot
lol.yolo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by TheWiseFool)
Vitamin B12 Only found in meat again (though I could be wrong on this one) causes abnormalities in the blood if not taken in at a high enough rate.

A lack of Vitamin D3 appears to lead to an increase of; cancer, heart disease and depression.

Clearly, meat is very, very beneficial and that's just a few examples. It's very hard to live a healthy life without some supplements to replace meat. However, I'm not saying it's impossible.
Vitamin B12 can also be found in animal products such as milk and eggs so while vegetarians don't have much higher deficiency rates than the general population, vegans will need to take supplements. However these are readily found in health food shops and similar so as long as you are aware, not a concern.

I would strongly disagree that "It's very hard to live a healthy life without some supplements to replace meat" as such supplements can be found very easily and vegetarian/vegan alternatives eg. tofu usually contain iron, protein and other necessary nutrients found in meat. However I will admit that these dietary choices aren't particularly accessible to people outside middle and upper classes, just compare a £1.99 burger from McDonalds to proper meat free food from a supermarket or homemade meals for example.
This point also assumes that people with an omnivorous diet are healthy and eat a balanced diet. I find this a funny phenomenon, the general population don't make such open and 'concerned' comments about nutrition until someone says they are cutting meat and/or animal products out of their diet, despite research repeatedly showing vegetarians and vegans on average are much healthier, eat a more balanced diet and have lower rates of suffering from conditions such as cardiovascular disease.

As for OP, it depends on their reasons for becoming vegetarian, some simply don't like the tase of meat anyways, for others (like me) the detrimental impacts of mass consumption of meat on the environment are enough (reduce the demand, reduce the supply) and if you care strongly about animal welfare, I'm sorry but you absolutely can not continue to consume meat without being plagued by hypocrisy. It is hubris to claim humans can "control" the food chain in a sustainable manner. Sure, if everyone went vegan overnight it would be a huge problem but that will never happen and there will always be a large portion of the population who continue to consume meat. instead, the slow (which it is) movement towards vegetarianism/veganism will reduce the demand and therefore less meat will be supplied, animals wouldn't be bred and killed in as large quantities as they are but populations would not "boom then collapse".
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
Mate you just covered the ‘s’, it even says stupendous in an example
:eek:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise