The Student Room Group

Cheated on my bf and now pregnant

basically I had one night stand when going out with the girls about 3 months ago after I had an argument with my boyfriend who was calling me frigid and not putting out because for those past few nights I was tried so I went out and got really drunk and went back to this guys house which I know is stupid but I was having a goodnight I ended up having sex without a condom and plus I wasnt on the pill me but then I missed my next two periods and my worst fear came true when the pregnancy test I took came back positive and I went to the doctors who said I was 12 weeks pregnant my bf doesnt know the thing is I did have sex with him not long after I had the 1 night stand but the conceived date matches the day of the 1 night stand should I tell my bf, can you have an abortion without your bf finding out? i dont wanna lose my bf as despite the few arguments he does care about me

Scroll to see replies

Honesty is better than lying. Either way, you and your bf won't be the same as you are now but if you told him now, it would hurt less than him finding out later on.
anyone?
Break up with your boyfriend, no matter how much alcohol and how much you argued you cheated on him youre the bad person, staying with him is the most selfish thing you could do. Break up with him abort the baby and live your life.
get an abortion
you gotta get an abortion but ... not sure if you can do it without him finding out
Reply 6
Instant Karma
Reply 7
Original post by Chloe Parson
anyone?

it seems you can have an abortion without him knowing but, you have to tell him. That is ****ed up. You can't live with that on your shoulders. If you really love him, tell him
If I was the bf I would dump you ngl; he will most likely find out about this so get ready for some sh*t.
It would be wrong of you to not tell him what you did and let him decide whether he wants to stay with you.
Do you or you boyfriend want a baby?
Working out conception dates without IVF is very tricky, so don't take it for granted that the pregnancy arises from the one night stand.
You might want to talk to you bf about how he sees the relationship and his future plans before you make a decision about the pregnancy.
That way you will 100% know from him where he stands and can make up your mind where you stand.
Whether you want to tell him about the baby or one night stand is up to you.
An abortion seems the best option. Whether you can do that without your boyfriend knowing depends on how close to him you are in day-to-day life. Obviously there's no requirement to tell him...
You suck
should I tell my bf, can you have an abortion without your bf finding out?

It's really a question for you to answer - everyone is different and the only opinion that legally matters is yours.

If your boyfriend doesn't live with you having an abortion without his knowledge is likely possible.
If you live with him it could be more difficult.

You should probably talk to a doctor/consultant about these concerns/questions.

A lot of angry young people here, who want to throw stones at you - let's hope they never make a mistake and their lives go effortlessly smoothly.
(edited 5 years ago)
Tell your boyfriend

Original post by Dom Mano
suicide is your best option

While I agree what she did is bad, saying stuff like that isn't funny
i dont wanna lose my bf as despite the few arguments he does care about me

And that's your only reason for wanting to stay with him

Selfish
Original post by TragedyGhaddafi
And that's your only reason for wanting to stay with him

Selfish

exactly..
he cares about you but clearly you don't. You had an argument and childishly got revenge by having a one night stand with a random stranger.
You've done the worst thing possible, and cheated on him.
He will eventually find out, either when you man the courage up and tell him straight, or someone else will find out and inform him.

I think it's safe to say, you've entered a losing battle, and the best thing to do is to tell him.
He'll either forgive you for the stupid mistake, or he'll leave you.

My advice on the baby: I'd keep it. Why? You're 12 weeks in, and it's already forming. Plus, from other friends of mine who've had abortions, they've all regretted it later on in life.
Keeping the baby (even if you don't want it) you can give it up for adoption. At least give it a chance of having a life, instead of ending it.
Reply 18
Go to your nearest GUM clinic, today. They'll be able to give you advice. Don't put it off. It takes time to arrange an abortion, and after a certain point, it won't be possible.

All advice and discussions they have with you will be strictly confidential. A sexual health professional is the person to ask, not a bunch of TSR members.

/thread.
If you really care about your bf then u ave to tell him. U can't hide something like this from him. It's really unfair. Good luck x

Latest

Trending

Trending