What should I do the night before the exam

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Should I go through my flash cards and test myself or simply read through them? Should I read a textbook and highlight stuff or should I just watch educational YouTube videos. I’m quite tired but I still want to do do something for my own peace of mind. Any suggestions?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
what test. gcse bio tomz?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I wish life was that easy :’) no I have a uni exam for anatomy, physiology, psychology and sociology. But still any advice is helpful haha
Tasha Black
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I would say it depends on how confident you are feeling for the exam. If you are worried then I would suggest you test yourself or get someone else to. If you feel confident maybe just read over your notes and look at past paper questions. Either way definitely don’t revise too late into the night, make sure you relax, watch tv, read a book or whatever. Most importantly get a good nights sleep and best of luck!!
Cuddly Lizard
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Should I go through my flash cards and test myself or simply read through them? Should I read a textbook and highlight stuff or should I just watch educational YouTube videos. I’m quite tired but I still want to do do something for my own peace of mind. Any suggestions?
Do past exam papers, look through them and make sure you have an answer for every question, then check to see if you're right. If you can't answer a question, or answer it particularly well, then do a bit of research. After you've done enough, go get a nice sleep, eat breakfast and be early to the exam and sit outside and read a textbook.

-edit:
If you don't have past papers then darn good luck
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
I wish life was that easy :’) no I have a uni exam for anatomy, physiology, psychology and sociology. But still any advice is helpful haha
so many ologys
GrandMedic
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
80% of my knowledge in exams comes from cramming.

Cram like you've never crammed before.
ProbablyJade
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cuddly Lizard)
Do past exam papers, look through them and make sure you have an answer for every question, then check to see if you're right. If you can't answer a question, or answer it particularly well, then do a bit of research. After you've done enough, go get a nice sleep, eat breakfast and be early to the exam and sit outside and read a textbook.

-edit:
If you don't have past papers then darn good luck
i find past papers stress me out the night before because i panic if i get a bad grade... personally i spend the evening refining my knowledge from the textbook but everybody works in different ways!
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
y r u anoymous. like do u find talking about exams uncomfortable or shameful? the only reason im anon is because ur anon.
Miss.Unknow
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Go through your notes very quickly, watch summary videos if you have to. Sleep early tonight so you can wake up early and revise before your exam if it's in the morning. If its an evening exam then i suggest you still sleep early and just get a few more hours of sleep then start revising an hour or two before your exam. Don't skip breakfast. Avoid caffeine and just eat a banana or chocolate to provide energy. Sometimes sleeping early is better than revising the night before trust me.
Miss.Unknow
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by GrandMedic)

lol me.
Ibrahim_H
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
so many ologys
ha
username2637499
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Have a bath
ShishaSmoker
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Lay down in bed and cry
GrandMedic
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Miss.Unknow)
Sometimes sleeping early is better than revising the night before trust me.
Sometimes yeah.

For me? I need all the last minute cramming I can get.
Miss.Unknow
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Sometimes yeah.

For me? I need all the last minute cramming I can get.
You can cram, but stop after 12 am lol
peanotto
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Miss.Unknow)
You can cram, but stop after 12 am lol
crammed a whole course in 2 days, the first half from 12am to 8am. took a short nap then crammed from 2pm until 4am. had an afternoon exam the next and bossed it. it destroyed my brain, but it all went in. sometimes sacrifices are necessary. there are no limits on the cram train.
peanotto
Rep:
Report 3 years ago

so true, sleeping is overrated. iof course you should sleep a bit, but if you've barely revised its better to cram 5 hours and sleep 6 hours than cram for 2 hours and sleep for 9 hours knowing you are f*cked. if you know NOTHING at all, cramming all the way. whats the point having a lovely good nights sleep if you dont know **** for the exam and will fail anyway. sleeping wont give you special abilities to remember a whole course, only cramming will.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (84)
41.18%
The paper was reasonable (94)
46.08%
Not feeling great about that exam... (15)
7.35%
It was TERRIBLE (11)
5.39%

Watched Threads