How to text my crush Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I am 16 years old, in Year 11 and I have a crush on this girl. I have never had a real crush before so this is completely new for me. Indeed, as you may be able to infer, I am shy, especially around her.

If she initiates a conversation, then I am generally fine but I struggle to initiate conversations with her. Whenever I try, I think she feels sympathy for me. On the last non-exam day of school, I had my yearbook, and I pushed myself and asked her to sign it. I think she was really happy that I mustered some courage, and she signed it with "lots of love <name> x <3" and you can imagine how embarassingly happy I was about that. The other reason I think she perhaps likes me back is because she is somewhat touchy-feely with me. She fist-bumps me quite often, holds on to my arm if she needs help with some work, brushes against me when we walk and in sciences if we are doing a practical and i'm washing a beaker or something, she coincidentally does the same and stands really close to me. Finally, if she catches me glancing at her, she smile; waves; and says hi. I've caught her looking at me a few times, though perhaps I am overestimating that. The last thing I would say, and I hope I do not sound like a giant douche, is that I am known by the girls in my year for smelling good, as I have impeccable hygiene (borderline germaphobia - yet i still have mild/low acne) and I use and know my way around quality colognes. All of her friends compliment me about how good I smell, except for her, which is rather frustrating.

I'm far more comfortable with communicating via social media, i.e. snapchat/instagram etc, though I do not have her number. However, via social media, she's only really messaged me for homework help.

Apologies that the question has been structured poorly, I needed to hurry and type this up as I still have more biology revision to do.

Tl,Dr; How can I start a real conversation with her via text/social media? Should I ask for her number? What should I say?

Thank you.
as125
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Email her or msn

Good old fashion way
Afforestation
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Its already a massive help that you know her. When it comes to girls, talking in person is a huge help but if youre really that shy then just go for a text like 'Hi' or something. Even better, ask her about something you know she likes or is known for. Inside jokes help too.
canadaman815
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would encourage you to be confident. There's a pretty good chance that she likes you given all the signs, and even if not, it won't be the end of the world and you're not likely to lose her friendship over it. Why not ask her to go for a walk some day? Conversation might flow a lot more easily than you think. Of course, if you're really only comfortable with social media, it certainly wouldn't hurt to say hi or ask a question about school or about basically anything else. Beware, however, that if you two get extremely comfortable talking online or through texts, your real-life relationship may get weaker as your virtual relationship gets stronger, leading you to live in an online fantasy (this has happened to me before). I might just start thinking about, how or where can you approach casually her in real life? Could you try mingling with the group she's usually with?
Zaspo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did it for you:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ho...hrome&ie=UTF-8
hannah00
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
tell her she is so fine she makes you wanna dance in the shower
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (22)
24.72%
No (67)
75.28%

Watched Threads