The Student Room Group

Easiest A level to self teach!

besides sociology and psychology??

thanks

Scroll to see replies

Perhaps any language subject?
Original post by theggbydealy
Perhaps any language subject?

but i haven't done any language before so wouldnt it be hard?? i need atleast an A in the subject too x
Original post by ucasandalevels
but i haven't done any language before so wouldnt it be hard?? i need atleast an A in the subject too x

It depends on the language you're doing, but there are loads of apps, sites and textbooks that you can either pay for or that is available free that you can use to teach yourself. Learn the basics of the language right up to A Level standard and use the specification of whatever exam board you plan to use to guide you. It will be a lot of memorization but I don't think it's that difficult at all since anyone can learn a language.
It depends on the language you're doing, but there are loads of apps, sites and textbooks that you can either pay for or that is available free that you can use to teach yourself. Learn the basics of the language right up to A Level standard and use the specification of whatever exam board you plan to use to guide you. It will be a lot of memorization but I don't think it's that difficult at all since anyone can learn a language.

im really good at memorising but ive never done a language so a bit scared :/
Reply 6

No idea. If you like maths it's a common go-to subject for self teaching.
im really good at memorising but ive never done a language so a bit scared :/

Trust me, if you're really good at memorizing you'll be fine for a language. It all just boils down loads of words and phrases. It also may be good in starting another thread and asking people who have done Language A levels what they think about it/how they revise....
Trust me, if you're really good at memorizing you'll be fine for a language. It all just boils down loads of words and phrases. It also may be good in starting another thread and asking people who have done Language A levels what they think about it/how they revise....

What languages are there besides french and spanish studied as an a level?
Bump
I don't think any A Level subject is easy.

What about Business Studies?
It depends on the exam board.
Have a look at all the languages on this list: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/A_Level_Subject_Guides and see which one strikes your fancy.
Original post by ohdearstudying
I don't think any A Level subject is easy.

What about Business Studies?

I said easiest a level to teach not easy a level

Any subjects that rely on memory?? What im best at
I said easiest a level to teach not easy a level

Any subjects that rely on memory?? What im best at

Like I said, I don't think any A Level is easy. To teach, learn or read up on.

It's best to pick what you're interested in as you'll feel more motivated to do the work (like I struggle in English Literature GCSE but still love doing it) so the grades eventually/hopefully pay off.

Also, what about not self teaching? Why has this come about :smile:
Original post by ohdearstudying
Like I said, I don't think any A Level is easy. To teach, learn or read up on.

It's best to pick what you're interested in as you'll feel more motivated to do the work (like I struggle in English Literature GCSE but still love doing it) so the grades eventually/hopefully pay off.

Also, what about not self teaching? Why has this come about :smile:

Lol wot?
I self teached those subjects and got A*A now just need a third idk why your saying i shouldnt self teach
Lol wot?
I self teached those subjects and got A*A now just need a third idk why your saying i shouldnt self teach

It's best to learn in a school environment normally, but it seems you've proven that you don't need it :smile:

I was thinking you're doing it alongside 3 other subjects, in that case just do any out of English Literature, Maths, any science, Business Studies, Philosophy or Religious Studies. Pretty much just pick anything you know you're good at :smile:
maths further maths physics/comp sci

because they have 1 right/wrong answer. essay subjects are very hard to self-teach
Original post by ayyy2
maths further maths physics/comp sci

because they have 1 right/wrong answer. essay subjects are very hard to self-teach

R u dumb
R u dumb

...?
Reply 19
er yeah they aren't exactly the easiest

Quick Reply

Latest