The Student Room Group

Online distance learning courses

If you have used this method of learning, can you please tell me how it works in general, what I may need (resources) and any good providers of online learning courses in the UK? I've done most of my research, I'd just love to hear your experiences.
Thanx :smile:
Original post by Avacados
If you have used this method of learning, can you please tell me how it works in general, what I may need (resources) and any good providers of online learning courses in the UK? I've done most of my research, I'd just love to hear your experiences.
Thanx :smile:

You pay them money.

They send you course materials.

Depending on what the course is and how much you paid then you may have the option to submit work and get it marked.

You study at your own pace, but usually with an end exam date in mind. It requires discipline.

You sit the exam although the exam fee is soemtimes included and soemtimes you have to sort it yourself.

It suits some people more than others.
Reply 2
thanks I really do appreciate this!
Original post by 999tigger
You pay them money.

They send you course materials.

Depending on what the course is and how much you paid then you may have the option to submit work and get it marked.

You study at your own pace, but usually with an end exam date in mind. It requires discipline.

You sit the exam although the exam fee is soemtimes included and soemtimes you have to sort it yourself.

It suits some people more than others.
Reply 3
thank you i really appreciate this! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest