afraid I actually might fail all my gcses

Watch
jifjljslkdfjlk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I probably wont fail all my gcses but I have reason to believe I will not pass 5

1.)The only revision I have been doing is cramming,and only for certain subjects like computer science
2.)I only got 3 gcses in my mocks English Language,Maths,Buisness in the 2nd set of mocks, failed everything in the first ones
3.)I have no confidence
4.)I have no motivation
5.)Predicted a mixture of 5s and 6s have no clue how I will actually get them

Does anyone else feel like this?Am I just procrastinating like I always do? Are Mocks really that accurate?
pllzzzzzzz help
FailedTeacher
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jifjljslkdfjlk)
I probably wont fail all my gcses but I have reason to believe I will not pass 5

1.)The only revision I have been doing is cramming,and only for certain subjects like computer science
2.)I only got 3 gcses in my mocks English Language,Maths,Buisness in the 2nd set of mocks, failed everything in the first ones
3.)I have no confidence
4.)I have no motivation
5.)Predicted a mixture of 5s and 6s have no clue how I will actually get them

Does anyone else feel like this?Am I just procrastinating like I always do? Are Mocks really that accurate?
pllzzzzzzz help
I failed all but one of my GCSEs and I went to get a first class degree.

If you do ‘fail’ it won’t define you, go and do the best you can so you won’t feel disappointed.

Kindest Regards,
FailedTeacher
HJMLong
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I didn't revise for any and I passed all 9. Don't worry about it, you'll be fine.
AppleB
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nope mocks aren’t accurate. History was the subject I consistently failed during GCSE - I was barely scraping D’s and majority of my grades were E’s. I revised a day before the exam because I had lost all motivation and my teacher predicted me a D. I ended up with an A. My exam was sent to remark again as I was a couple of marks off from an A initially.

Long story short: mocks aren’t a good indicator of anything imo and cramming can sometimes work.
jifjljslkdfjlk
Rep:
?
(Original post by FailedTeacher)
I failed all but one of my GCSEs and I went to get a first class degree.

If you do ‘fail’ it won’t define you, go and do the best you can so you won’t feel disappointed.

Kindest Regards,
FailedTeacher
thanks,thats quite reassuring
jifjljslkdfjlk
Rep:
?
(Original post by HJMLong)
I didn't revise for any and I passed all 9. Don't worry about it, you'll be fine.
thanks
jifjljslkdfjlk
Rep:
?
(Original post by AppleB)
Nope mocks aren’t accurate. History was the subject I consistently failed during GCSE - I was barely scraping D’s and majority of my grades were E’s. I revised a day before the exam because I had lost all motivation and my teacher predicted me a D. I ended up with an A. My exam was sent to remark again as I was a couple of marks off from an A initially.

Long story short: mocks aren’t a good indicator of anything imo and cramming can sometimes work.
thats a crazy story D to an A , similar thing happend to my friend went from a Band 1(F) to a Band 7(A) in computer science just through pure revision in the space of two mock exams. I already crammed for about 4 days straight for computer science so hopefully I can scrape a B.
AppleB
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jifjljslkdfjlk)
thats a crazy story D to an A , similar thing happend to my friend went from a Band 1(F) to a Band 7(A) in computer science just through pure revision in the space of two mock exams. I already crammed for about 4 days straight for computer science so hopefully I can scrape a B.
As long as you answered the questions you can’t go wrong
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (131)
14.7%
I'm not sure (40)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (268)
30.08%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.47%
I'm not a current university student (430)
48.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed