The Student Room Group
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website

Arts University Bournemouth- Art foundation 2018/2019

Hey is anyone else doing foundation art and design at AUB this September? Would be nice to get to know people beforehand :smile:
If I pass the IB, yup! Hi there!
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website
Hi, i applied for Bournemouth arts foundation and have my interview in a few days! I love art but have never done anything educational wise to do with it. I was wondering if i could have some tips and maybe a idea of what sort of questions they ask? what they look for in people and their work to make sure i have everything i need. Also, whats the day like as i'm aware it lasts a couple hours.
Thank you
Original post by AnnieBowden
Hi, i applied for Bournemouth arts foundation and have my interview in a few days! I love art but have never done anything educational wise to do with it. I was wondering if i could have some tips and maybe a idea of what sort of questions they ask? what they look for in people and their work to make sure i have everything i need. Also, whats the day like as i'm aware it lasts a couple hours.
Thank you

Have you read the portfolio guide?
Original post by PQ
Have you read the portfolio guide?

Yes i have, i'm pretty sure i have what i need but it doesn't say much about the interview itself. It mentions that its 3 hours long however the actual interview is only 20 minutes so just wanted some sort of idea on what they ask etc
Original post by AnnieBowden
Yes i have, i'm pretty sure i have what i need but it doesn't say much about the interview itself. It mentions that its 3 hours long however the actual interview is only 20 minutes so just wanted some sort of idea on what they ask etc

It’s usually a group talk about the course followed by the interviews. If you’re worried give the admissions team a quick call and they’ll be able to explain a bit more about what will happen.

They could ask all sorts of things. Don’t worry too much (remember they’re used to people being nervous! They just want to understand about your interests and motivation for the course and how you create things...it’s about testing whether they think you will benefit from the way they teach). Listen to what they say and be honest if you don’t understand something...make it clear that you are keen to learn to fill in anything you don’t know rather than trying to give the “right” answers!
Original post by PQ
It’s usually a group talk about the course followed by the interviews. If you’re worried give the admissions team a quick call and they’ll be able to explain a bit more about what will happen.

They could ask all sorts of things. Don’t worry too much (remember they’re used to people being nervous! They just want to understand about your interests and motivation for the course and how you create things...it’s about testing whether they think you will benefit from the way they teach). Listen to what they say and be honest if you don’t understand something...make it clear that you are keen to learn to fill in anything you don’t know rather than trying to give the “right” answers!

Brilliant. Thank you!
:smile:
Hi, I’ve accepted a place for the art foundation at AUB, anyone else starting in September?
@AnnieBowden was going for an interview earlier in the year?
Reply 9
I know this was posted a year ago but I'm planning on doing this course this year, and I was just wondering if you enjoyed the course and how many days a week you were expected to be at the uni? :smile:
Original post by ericamcqueen
Hi, I’ve accepted a place for the art foundation at AUB, anyone else starting in September?

Hey, I'm also starting foundation this September.
I’ve literally just completed my application and am very doubtful I’ll get in 😞 I’ve only got 32 UCAS points and the requirement is 64.

I’m hoping I get the chance of an interview to show my portfolio.

Quick Reply