The Student Room Group

Edexcel iGCSE biology paper 2

How did you guys find it? What grade do you think you’ll get?
If I my spelling is wrong do I get mark like arteriole. I wrote artiole
Hi! i found the exam okay overall , personally i thought my mock exam in February was slightly easier. i think i got a solid A overall but would like to think iv pushed it maybe to an A*. but i know i lost about 13 marks on paper 2 so far from what other people have said. And on paper 1 my calculations went terrible so iv lost a few marks silly marks there as well as other errors. overall i think i got about 130 to 133 out of 180 which i hope is an A. How did you find it?
Original post by Bluewhale_16
Hi! i found the exam okay overall , personally i thought my mock exam in February was slightly easier. i think i got a solid A overall but would like to think iv pushed it maybe to an A*. but i know i lost about 13 marks on paper 2 so far from what other people have said. And on paper 1 my calculations went terrible so iv lost a few marks silly marks there as well as other errors. overall i think i got about 130 to 133 out of 180 which i hope is an A. How did you find it?

I think for me same.Hope the grade boundarys were like last year
Reply 4

It was okay I guess, except the comprehension question about asexual reproduction of the bulbs - I put runners (which is apparently the right answer) but then I also put ovary and filament..which are wrong :/

Last year the grade boundaries was in the low 120s - I bet you’ve done much better than you think!

If you look at most grade boundaries recently that is an A*.
Original post by jabed hossain
If I my spelling is wrong do I get mark like arteriole. I wrote artiole

Yes u will .... as long as they can tell what is is ur trying to spell it’s fine :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by jabed hossain
I think for me same.Hope the grade boundarys were like last year

Yes I agree hope they are what they were last year ..... but my teachers and friends think they will be higher so I’m not sure
Original post by schkolade
It was okay I guess, except the comprehension question about asexual reproduction of the bulbs - I put runners (which is apparently the right answer) but then I also put ovary and filament..which are wrong :/

Last year the grade boundaries was in the low 120s - I bet you’ve done much better than you think!

Yes runners was the right answer I looked it up when I get out of the exam lol ... I bet uv done really well aswell I think we will all do better than we think and I think u will still get mark for runners cos in my teacher told me they looked at everything iv written and the mark schemes always say give credit where credit is due so they will ignore ur other two answers and give u the mark hopefully !! :smile: :smile:
Original post by Akshi7
If you look at most grade boundaries recently that is an A*.

Yes but my friends and teachers told me it would be higher since last years paper was harder and I agree it was but my mock was the January 2018 paper which I thought was easier since it had popular topics on the spec and the grade boundary for an A* there was 143 so I’m not sure :smile: 🤔
Last years was 121 so 130 is still higher and you would have to factor in the fact that January is for resits so they are more prepared and are thus more likely to pass so 143 would be especially high. Therefore, it is likely to be around 130.
Yes but my friends and teachers told me it would be higher since last years paper was harder and I agree it was but my mock was the January 2018 paper which I thought was easier since it had popular topics on the spec and the grade boundary for an A* there was 143 so I’m not sure :smile: 🤔
Original post by Akshi7
Last years was 121 so 130 is still higher and you would have to factor in the fact that January is for resits so they are more prepared and are thus more likely to pass so 143 would be especially high. Therefore, it is likely to be around 130.

Ok thank you :smile: I feel more confident about my grade now in biology cis I want to do it for a-level so hopefully I will get a A or A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending